KFC Grants Pass, OR  » Restaurants  »
1.0
KFC 280 NE Beacon Dr. Grants Pass, OR 97526
  • KFC has, without a doubt the best gravy in the world and we've tried to copy it many times at home
  • Now that I can go to the drive thru it's way more convenient and I found my family eating KFC more often
  • Now I know that people sneeze in restaurants somtimes things just catch you and you sneeze
  • It really makes me mad that this KFC didn't think that it was a huge issue and I won't be going back to this one again

• by KJ hamnik

When I first found out that our little town of Grants Pass Oregon was going to get a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant I jumped for joy. I was so elated I couldn’t hardly wait. Ever since I was a small child KFC has been one of my favorites. I love the seasoning on the chicken. It’s peppery, spicey flavor is absolutly perfect for chicken. KFC has, without a doubt the best gravy in the world and we’ve tried to copy it many times at home. Sometimes we go to KFC just to buy gravy for our own dinner at home it’s so good. My favorite side dish at KFC is the coleslaw. It wasn’t until just recently that a grocery store available

coleslaw even came close to the rich, sweet/sour flavor of KFC’s coleslaw. My mouth is watering just thinking about right now.

When this KFC opened it had something new — a drive thru! How perfect is that? I don’t even have to get out of my car to buy KFC. We all know how hard it is to carry out a large family meal and get it into the car without spilling anything. When we go to KFC we always get the large bucket of mixed chicken, two large coleslaws, six biscuts and 2 large mashed potatoes and gravy. Now that I can go to the drive thru it’s way more convenient and I found my family eating KFC more often.

That ...

• is until my last visit to KFC two months ago. I was sitting in the drive thru waiting for my coleslaw, which I ordered just for a snack on my way home from shopping and I looked up in the window and saw an employee sneeze. Now I know that people sneeze in restaurants somtimes things just catch you and you sneeze. That would have been just fine if the young girl had gone straight to the hand washing sink and washed her hands.

She didn’t do this. I watched her the entire time. I can’t believe she didn’t notice that I was watching her through the drive thru window. She wiped her hands on her shirt and continued loading a bucket of chicken right

there in front of me. I was so sickened that I asked for a manager and told him what happened. All he said was, “Okay, I’ll talk to her,” and then asked me for the money for the coleslaw. I told him that he had to be crazy if he thought I was going to buy food here after that. I haven’t been back to our local KFC and my family has only had KFC once since then because now we have to return to driving all the way to Medford to get it and that’s a half hour away. It really makes me mad that this KFC didn’t think that it was a huge issue and I won’t be going back to this one again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72307772280631/k2311a0723/7.23.09