Revlon Age Defying Spa Foundation  » Cosmetics  »
  • It is difficult for me to admit that I need any product with ‘age defying’ in the title, but I became very impressed with my mom’s new foundation
  • I thought the title of ‘spa’ foundation sounded nice, but I have seen and tried so many foundations that claim to make wrinkles and fine lines look less prominent that I was not convinced
  • I decided to price it in the store, and it is a relatively inexpensive price at $20

• by Jessie Bahrey

It is difficult for me to admit that I need any product with ‘age defying’ in the title, but I became very impressed with my mom’s new foundation. She rarely buys makeup, but she kept talking about her new foundation, Revlon Age Defying Spa Foundation. I thought the title of ‘spa’ foundation sounded nice, but I have seen and tried so many foundations that claim to make wrinkles and fine lines look less prominent that I was not convinced.

That is, until I saw my mom, who is 64 years old, wear this foundation for the first

time. Although she is naturally youthful-looking, she really had a smooth, healthy look to her skin.

I asked her if I could take a look at the foundation (I was thinking I might even try it too), and I was surprised to see that it is a tube of liquid makeup, but it has a brush on one end to apply the foundation, which is a really unique feature. I read that it contains Vitamin C, antioxidants, SPF 18 as well as something I have never heard of, ‘stone therapy minerals.

I decided that my mom wouldn’t mind ...

• if I tried it, so I did. I was not sure how to use it at first, but the instructions say to turn the squeeze tube to on, squeeze the tube, and blend with the brush as you apply.

It goes on lightly and very easily, even for a klutz like me. Although my mom’s shade is a bit lighter than I would use, it blended nicely into my skin, and felt light and smooth, not chalky and heavy, like so many liquid foundations.

It also looked natural and not mask-like. It did cover my flaws on

my face, and while I don’t think it covered my lines and wrinkles any better than any other makeup, I really liked how my face looked.

One thing that I did notice that day was that later on, in the heat, my face did start looking a bit shiny, so I would probably wear a powder over this foundation on hot days. Still, it is a very nice, natural-looking makeup.

I decided to price it in the store, and it is a relatively inexpensive price at $20. I will likely purchase this product when I run out of my current foundation.

Revlon Age Defying Spa Foundation

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312307772170631/k2311a0723/7.23.09