Redken Smooth Down Conditioner  » Cosmetics  »
  • I also have a problem with shedding, nothing serious or out of the norm but because I have thin hair as it is I’d prefer to not lose too much of what I have
  • Then there’s the issue of finding the right conditioner that works with that shampoo
  • I believe the only places I’ve been able to find Redken products are in salons, beauty stores and Walgreens, but Walgreens only offers a small selection of Redken’s hair products
  • Even though Redken’s products are hard to find and is expensive I would still recommend it because it’s a very good product

• by Liberty

I’ve had to try many shampoos and conditioners in the past because of all of my hair issues. Among my hair problems is that I have thin, very straight fine hair. I also have a problem with shedding, nothing serious or out of the norm but because I have thin hair as it is I’d prefer to not lose too much of what I have. I’ve tried all sorts of hair products on top of the dozens of shampoos and conditioners but nothing worked. I’d come across a shampoo that helped with one problem but not everything. Then there’s the issue of finding the right conditioner that works with that shampoo. Most shampoos come with a conditioner of the same kind but they don’t always work well together for my hair.

Then one Christmas I got a gift bag filled with all sorts of hair care products from my brother. I’m guessing his wife helped him with it because she’s a hair stylist. Among the things I got were Redkens’s Smooth Down Shampoo and Redken’s Smooth Down Conditioner.

I’ve heard of Redken before and have seen it in a few stores but never once considered trying it out. I’m not sure why. It’s a salon brand product but still, I was skeptical that it would work for all of my hair needs. I’ve been using Redken’s Smooth Down Conditioner with it’s shampoo for several months now and I absolutely love it. It’s been the only shampoo and conditioner set that has worked perfectly for my hair. Not only has it minimized my ...

• shedding but because I haven’t been losing as much hair my hair has gotten thicker. It also adds volume and shine to my hair making it look gorgeous, and it’s as soft, smooth and silky as it looks. It works fast too because the first day I used it my boyfriend commented on how nice my hair looked. He even ran his fingers through my hair. This shampoo is also good for damaged and color treated hair as well. The size of the bottle is compact enough that it doesn’t take up a lot of space in my bathroom and it’s easy to pack in my toiletry bag for when I go out of town.

There were a few things that I didn’t like about Redken’s Smooth Down Conditioner too. Like it’s

shampoo, neither comes in a bigger bottle and both are hard to find. I believe the only places I’ve been able to find Redken products are in salons, beauty stores and Walgreens, but Walgreens only offers a small selection of Redken’s hair products. I haven’t been able to find their Smooth Down shampoo or conditioner. The big negative about Redken products is that it’s pricey. A bottle can costs anywhere from $12 to $15.

Even though Redken’s products are hard to find and is expensive I would still recommend it because it’s a very good product. It’s the only product that’s been able to solve all of my hair problems. I would just recommend it stocking up when it goes on sale or try finding a place that sells it for less.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312307771930631/k2311a0723/7.23.09