Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Raspberry  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • On a trip to the mall, I decided to take a look at the cosmetic counters at Macy's
  • I was a bit skeptical because in the tube it looked dark pink-almost red, definitely not my natural lip color
  • Let me start of by saying that this lip gloss is pretty good but not amazing
  • I know exactly what the lady at the counter was talking about now
  • Unfortunately, I am not going to rebuy this when I run out

• by Kelairyy

I first ventioned into the world of high end brand cosmetics when I in my early teens. All my friends were starting to get interested in makeup, I kind of was as well. On a trip to the mall, I decided to take a look at the cosmetic counters at Macy’s. Lip gloss is one of my favorite types of makeup, I mean, who doesn’t love it? I was looking through lip glosses at the Clinique counter, and the lady there recommended the color Raspberry because she said it looked similar to my lip color. I was a bit skeptical because in the tube it looked dark pink-almost red, definitely not my natural lip color! But I decided to give it a shot, so I tried some on with the tester at the counter. It looked really pretty, so I

reluctantly paid the fourteen dollars (a lot of money for me back then) to buy it.

Let me start of by saying that this lip gloss is pretty good but not amazing. For the price, I probably wouldn’t rebuy this product just because there are a lot of other lip glosses out there that can achieve the same effect/look for a cheaper price. This lip gloss is very sheer, meaning it comes out practically clear on my lips. I know exactly what the lady at the counter was talking about now; though it looks really dark in the tube, when I put it on, you can hardly tell the difference between the color in the lip gloss and my natural lip color. That is a negative for me because my lips are not very pigmented, so when I add clear or sheer gloss over my lips, it just makes me look really washed out. Not exactly the look I want to achieve, of course. This lip gloss is kind of sticky, but nothing that I can’t handle. There are definitely a lot of high end lip glosses (for some reason, I think high end lip glosses tend to be a lot stickier than drugstore lip glosses as a whole) that are a lot stickier than this Clinique one, but I can definitely feel it on my lips. A lot of times I will get my hair stuck on my lip gloss because of the stickiness- yuck! Also, the price is too much for just an okay lip gloss. I would only be willing to fork fourteen dollars (or more) for a lip gloss that is really pigmented or feels great ...

• Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Raspberry
      on my lips. This lip gloss does not do much of the two unfortunately.

However, there are some good qualities about this. It is not too glossy like some lip glosses out there that make me look something horrible; there is just the right amount of shine in this lip gloss. Also, I like how it is in a squeezy tube, so it is a lot easier to apply if I don’t have a mirror. I remember when I first got this years ago, I used to carry it around in my pocket or pencil pouch at school and would reapply it during class. Obviously there wasn’t a mirror available, but I would just squeeze a bit of gloss onto my hands and apply it to my lips. It was a lot easier than trying to apply lip gloss that

came in a tube; somehow I’d always get the applicator all over my lips and elsewhere, like above my lips. This doesn’t make my lips chapped like some lip glosses do, so I don’t have to put lip balm underneath it. That can sometimes be a hassle, so if I don’t feel like wearing lip balm, I’ll just put on some of this lip gloss and wala!

This lip gloss is decent, but I don’t think it is worth the price of fourteen dollars. You can probably find a drugstore lip gloss that has the same quality for a cheaper price, or you can find a high end lip gloss that is better quality for the same price! Unfortunately, I am not going to rebuy this when I run out. The search for the holy grail lip gloss continues, I’m afraid.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312307771740631/k2311a0723/7.23.09