Carmex
0.5
  • I personally hate this lip balm and would never recommend this to anyone
  • It tastes a LOT worse than medicine, and you definitely don't want this stuff in your mouth

• by Kelairyy

Don’t ever buy this because I hate this stuff! Carmex is a lip balm that comes in different flavors like regular (what I own), cherry, and strawberry, and there are different containers like the squeezy tube which is what I have, the jar, and the normal lip balm tube. I personally hate this lip balm and would never recommend this to anyone.

It does not condition my lips at all; I feel that this lip balm actually makes my lips more chapped and does nothing to help.

When I put this on my lips, there is a very slight tingly feeling.

It is

not as obvious as lip balms such as Softlips or Burts Bees, but the tingly feeling is there.

It seems to me as if the tingly feeling is there to cover up the fact that it doesn’t help, and it is almost as if the tingly feeling is tricking you into feeling like it DOES help.

The smell is horrible! I have the regular kind, and it smells very strongly of medicine.

Not exactly the kind of smell I want right under my nose.

The smell stays there long after I put it on my lips… it doesn’t seem to go away until ...

• a long time after.

And the taste is the worst of all! Sometimes if I put Carmex on a little messily, I will accidently get some in my mouth.

Ugh, this taste is so nasty; I always end up spitting it out, and it makes me shudder.

It tastes a LOT worse than medicine, and you definitely don’t want this stuff in your mouth! If it were a bit conditioning, I might disregard the disgusting smell and taste, but it doesn’t even help my lips! I don’t know if this is true, but I heard from someone on youtube that Carmex actually has

an ingredient that is supposed to make your lips chapped.

It irritates your lips which makes you reapply it more.

You’ll just have to buy more Carmex to help your lips again and again.

I heard that it is kind of like a temporary relief like a bandaid… but it doesn’t really heal your lips, and I find this really true! It always causes my lips to become really chapped and never smooth and soft like some other lip balms I’ve used like Nivea and Softlips.

I would not go with this brand; there are definitely a lot of other brands out there that are WAY better!

Carmex

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312307771730631/k2311a0723/7.23.09