Mrs. Freshley’s Cremey Curl Honey Bun  » Food  »
2.5
  • Freshley's Cremey Curl Honey Bun is certainly an interesting variety that I did not think existed
  • I think though there is just a little too much sweet white creme because the chocolate drizzle, although seemingly plentiful, seems to get lost in the white creme flavor at times

• by GenesisOne

I must say, Mrs. Freshley’s Cremey Curl Honey Bun is certainly an interesting variety that I did not think existed! This honey bun really does not even look like something I would have for breakfast, and that is typically when I eat honey buns.

Inside this honey bun is a whole lot of sugary white creme that is just bursting as the dough

walls and waiting to come out.

On top, there is a chocolate drizzle that covers a good portion of the honey bun’s surface.

I think though there is just a little too much sweet white creme because the chocolate drizzle, although seemingly plentiful, seems to get lost in the white creme flavor at times.

Also almost lost is the honey bun itself! Of ...

• what I can taste of the honey bun, the bun seemed fresh and soft.

Although I certainly find this variety of honey bun to be supremely rich in flavor, I am not sure it is one that I will purchase too often.

There is a lot of sugar and sweetness to be found in this honey bun, and it might perhaps be a

little too rich for me when I have my breakfast in the morning.

Maybe as an afternoon or evening treat, but this honey bun variety is just one that does not seem to settle with me quite right.

Also, like the other honey bun varieties, you must purchase this honey bun in a single pack.

It is a pretty large honey bun, though.

Adrienne says :

Where can I find these? or where can I order these without buying in bulk? Help Pleases

GenesisOne replies :

If you have a Kroger grocery store or a Tom Thumb near you, you might be able to find these honey buns there. I know that the Kroger I go to used to carry them, but stopped and Tom Thumb still has them on occasion. I don`t think they are too popular of an item, so the stores tend to only carry a small quantity or not many at all. I know that I have seen these buns in vending machines. You could try doing a search for them on the Internet too and perhaps just order them online.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272207771580931/k2311a0722/7.22.09