Mrs. Freshley’s SnackAway Yogurt Creme Cakes
1.0
  • The yogurt creme on the inside is more mild than the creme used by Hostess in their Twinkies, but that does not help make these cakes more palatable, unfortunately
  • All in all, I think I can pretty safely say that if you are someone that enjoys Twinkies, you will probably enjoy these yogurt cakes

• by GenesisOne

I did not care too much for Mrs. Freshley’s SnackAway Yogurt Creme Cakes because they reminded me too much of Hostess Twinkies in both texture and taste and I really do not like Twinkies! The cake itself is soft, and although I normally do not mind soft cake, I do not like when the cake has a sponge-like texture to it.

That is not my kind of cake! The yogurt creme on the inside is more mild than the creme used by Hostess in their Twinkies, but that does not help make these cakes more palatable, unfortunately.

It does provide some relief from the sponge-like texture, and for that, I am grateful.

I will say that these creme cakes are a good ...

• size, and thankfully so, since only six come in a box.

Although the calorie count has been reduced, it is still a little on the high side at one-hundred and forty calories per serving.

There is no trans fat and the product is low fat.

It is also a decent source of fiber, but you can most certainly get a better

amount of fiber elsewhere.

All in all, I think I can pretty safely say that if you are someone that enjoys Twinkies, you will probably enjoy these yogurt cakes.

The opposite is true too, I think, which is, if you do not like Twinkies, I doubt you will like these cakes.

I certainly will not be purchasing them a second time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272207771540931/k2311a0722/7.22.09