Fab Five Texas Cheerleading Scandal  » Movies  »
  • When she resigns, she takes the issue to the media and finds herself the subject of an investigation into the allegations
  • This movie turned out to be much better than expected and I would recommend watching it if you get a chance

• by Steve

My wife and I were flipping channels the other day trying to find something that wasn’t a re-run we’ve seen 100 times before. After a frustrating search, we decided to watch the made-for-tv movie Fab Five Texas Cheerleading Scandal, which is apparently based on a true story we never heard about before.

It turned out to be somewhat decent.

Basically, the movie

is about 5 teenagers who head up the local cheerleading squad and pretty much get away with everything because the leader of the group is also the daughter of the high school principal.

They terrorize other students, get drunk when they want and even make a slutty myspace video without consequences.

Their coach does her best to be friendly toward the girls ...

• but finds herself the subject of some pretty bad pranks that get her to try to enforce the rules only to find herself being rebuffed by those above her.

When she resigns, she takes the issue to the media and finds herself the subject of an investigation into the allegations.

The movie is a lesson of what can happen if a parent

tries to be a kids friend rather than their parent.

The fact this is based on something that really did happen also made my wife and I talk about our own parenting skills and what we can do better to make sure that doesn’t happen with our daughters.

This movie turned out to be much better than expected and I would recommend watching it if you get a chance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112207771200831/k2311a0722/7.22.09