Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince  » Movies  »
  • This kid is amazing, giving a chilling performance with the coolness and poise most actors twice his age find nearly impossible to deliver
  • Overall, I loved this movie, and I can even prove just how enchanting it was if you consider the fact that half way through the movie, my bladder was about to burst, but I just could not bring myself to go use the restroom and miss even a second of this movie
  • That's usually how I know this is a great film because I am usually completely ruled by my bladder when it comes to having to wait to use the restroom
  • But again, why I love this film is why I love the books

• by onerios13

I happen to be HUGE Harry Potter fan, and I was so excited to go see the new movie this Sunday. In the past, I didn’t quite get how good these books were, but my cousin who happened to own the first three books made me read them one summer and I was hooked. Since then, I have watched all but the first movie in the theaters and this new movie was the one movie both me and my fiance were determined to go see on the big screen even though our finances are a bit tighter than where we want them to be. But then again, it happens to be Harry Potter.

I was a tiny bit hesitant, however, to go see this movie as a friend of mine whose friend had seen it on opening night had reported that it was only so-so. But it didn’t really matter as I was going to go see it even if it, impossibly, stunk. However, I am very happy to report that this movie was very well done and I was captivated by everything

from start to finish. I won’t give out any spoilers (which I doubt would be even possible given how many Harry Potter fanatics there are out there), but what enchanted me most was just how the Harry and his friends were finally really growing up and having adult emotions to contend with. In parts both charming and sinister, it is perhaps the darkest of the Harry Potter movies that have come out, where sadness and happiness are equally doled out. But some parts are simply hilarious, and it was just a joy to see the actors not only play childish parts but truly give great performances.

The movie isn’t as detailed as the book, obviously, yet there isn’t too much they’ve cut out that was crucial to the visual story-telling. I liked how the introduced new characters and of course the suspense of the ever-present evil that is Voldemort was clearly inserted by past memories. I don’t know who the young actor is that played the young Tom Riddle, but whoever he is, watch out Hollywood. This kid is amazing, giving a chilling performance ...

• with the coolness and poise most actors twice his age find nearly impossible to deliver. Watching his icy manner and ice pick charm was perhaps one of the most riveting parts of the movie for me. Jim Broadbent (Who I adore as an actor) did magnificent as Hogwart’s new potions instructor, and Alan Rickman (also a personal favorite) played the sneaky Snape to perfection, this time even showing a soft sadness in the role that one has yet to see in the other films.

Overall, I loved this movie, and I can even prove just how enchanting it was if you consider the fact that half way through the movie, my bladder was about to burst, but I just could not bring myself to go use the restroom and miss even a second of this movie. That’s usually how I know this is a great film because I am usually completely ruled by my bladder when it comes to having to wait to use the restroom. But again, why I love this film is why I love the books. It really takes you

out of the ordinary and into the extraordinary. The characters are both vivid and vivacious, and it’s almost like seeing old friends again as you know so much about the characters and also you remember how they looked when they were just kids. It’s heart-warming and plays on nostalgia like nothing else. But also you have this sense of pride to see them grow up so well and watch them blossom as they start to find both love and their place in life.

If you are a Harry Potter fan, I know I don’t need to tell you to go see it. But if you are not or having been a fan of the book, I’d still urge you to go see this movie as it is just wonderful in both scope and imagination. Very few times in life do you have a chance to partake in a global phenomenon, and even fewer times is that phenomenon warranted that global attention. For me, Harry Potter books and movies is that rare rare breed that both deserves the attention of the masses because it is a true phenomena.

Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112207770710731/k2311a0722/7.22.09