C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • I definitely wouldn't recommend buying this product- C
  • I would definitely prefer to stick to my regular lotion than using this salve

• by Kelairyy

I definitely wouldn’t recommend buying this product- C.O. Bigelow’s Rose Salve, or any salve in general. You can use this as a lotion-similar to Vaseline or petroleum jelly only made with rose extract- on your elbows, knees, cuticles, lips, face, and more. However, it is so greasy that it looks horrible whenever I put it on any place other than my lips! It’s not really moisturizing on my skin at all, and it just makes me look so oily and greasy that I never use this on my skin without looking really stupid. It gives me this really shiny glow, and NOT in the good way. A little bit

of shine would be okay because my daily facial moisturizer does that too, but this is too much, and the shine doesn’t go away either! I would definitely prefer to stick to my regular lotion than using this salve.

On my lips, however, it is okay, because it works like a lip balm. I can put it on underneath my lip gloss or lipstick, and it is pretty moisturizing. All I use my salve for is on my lips as a lip balm. However, once I run out of this, I am not going to get it again because I have a lot of lip balm, and lip balm is ...

• a lot easier to carry around because it is smaller and the container is more narrow, so it would be a lot easier to carry around. This works a lot like vaseline, and it feels like it too! But Vaseline is a few dollars cheaper, you can get it for about three dollars for a huge tube/case, while rose salve usually costs about five to seven dollars. There is nothing special about this as a lip balm; it is just okay, so I would prefer to use my softlips or nivea lip balm.

Overall, this product is really not that great, and I would definitely not buy this again!

It doesn’t moisturize my skin, and instead, makes it look really greasy. It also feels really uncomfortable on my fingers when I put it on. Unlike lotion from Bath and Body Works or other stores/brands, I can’t just take my salve out when I’m not at home and put it on, because it makes my hands feel gross. I always need to wipe them off somewhere after putting the salve on, as opposed to lotion where I can just put it on my hands or skin without any problems. I would recommend just sticking to a nice lip balm and lotion because I really did not like the rose salve.

C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312207770570731/k2311a0722/7.22.09