Risk by EA Mobile and Hasbro  » Games  »
  • Risk was my very favourite board game as a child
  • I was a history buff long before it became my university major, and I enjoyed using my knowledge of warfare to my advantage
  • I also find that the variety of fighting tactics you can use is a lot of fun, and I love the levels of aggression you can employ as well

• by Jessie Bahrey

It would appear that I am becoming a gamer in my adulthood. After years of warning my kids about the dangers of video games and encouraging them to do more useful pastimes, I recently found myself becoming addicted to a mobile game, of all things. You would think that I had better things to do with my time, and when I recently got a phone capable of playing games, I swore I would never use this feature. However, my friend recently showed me a game she found, and I just had to have it.

Risk was my

very favourite board game as a child. It had intrigue, danger, competition, skill and knowledge as well. I was a history buff long before it became my university major, and I enjoyed using my knowledge of warfare to my advantage. I always had a good strategy for winning and gaining world domination, and I often won, which of course played into my competitive nature well. This mobile game is just as good or even better. Although I have yet to try the optional mode of ‘pass and play,’ where you can play with other people, I have ...

• been enjoying this immensely and almost too much.

There are three map sizes and many levels of difficulty (I have only managed to play the first 3 levels so far), and different rules depending on the level. For a non-gamer like me, this game is actually easy to play, and customizing is relatively simple. You actually can still roll the die, turn up Risk cards and other actions found in the board game, which I would not have expected in a digital game. Just like the board game, there are six continents that you try to conquer,

while fighting opposing armies. The graphics are great, although I do not have much to compare this to, and I really like the colours. I also find that the variety of fighting tactics you can use is a lot of fun, and I love the levels of aggression you can employ as well. I still find that there is some thought required to win at this, and it helps to be familiar with history as well. Risk by EA Mobile and Hasbro is a great game for your phone, and will even appeal to a somewhat older crowd

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282107770351231/k2311a0721/7.21.09