Focaccio with sun dried tomatoes, basil and fresh mozzarella
  • I loved this sandwich and will make it at home and look for it at Safeway

• by tfedge
      Recently I was on the road in Southern Oregon and needed to pick up a quick meal. I stopped at the local Safeway and nothing looked good.

Finally, I looked at the pre-made sandwiches near the deli counter.

I expected to find the usually homogenized egg salad on white bread that

often is all that’s available.

I was both pleased and surprised to find a sun dried tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella on focaccio bread.

I hadn?t expected that the pre-made sandwich would be very good.

This sandwich was excellent.

The bread was good and solid with texture and didn’t sog ...

• out.

I was surprised at the amount of sun dried tomatoes and a little apprehensive, but found there was just the right amount and they tasted very good.

Instead of a leaf or two of basil, it was thickly piled on the sandwich in the same amount you might expect to

find for lettuce.

The fresh mozzarella was excellent.

If you’ve never tried fresh mozz, you should.

If all your are familiar with is the anemic cheese found on pizzas, you are in for a great treat.

I loved this sandwich and will make it at home and look for it at Safeway.

You should try it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2740877021131/k2311a084/8.4.06