Vantage Point movie  » Movies  »
  • I really enjoyed the unique method this movie employs in telling its story from each Vantage Point
  • Since watching this film in the theater, I bought it on DVD and have watched it several times since then

• by MCFitz1988

For my twenieth birthday, three friends of mine dragged me to the movie theater to see the new 2008 film Vantage Point. I had not heard of the film, but I was not interested. I’d have preferred simply to hang out at a friend’s house and play cards. Begrudgingly, I sat down in the theater and proceeding

to view the movie. And I loved it!

Set in Salamanca Spain, Vantage Point is an action adventure thriller starring Dennis Quaid, Sigourney Weaver, Forest Whitaker, and William Hurt. True to its name, Vantage Point shows a single event, the shooting of fictional United States President Henry Ashton, from the point of view of each major character. As each person’s story plays out, we learn more and more about what is going. Each twist adds a new suspenseful element to the story, culminating in an awesome chase scene at the end of the movie.

I really enjoyed the unique method this movie employs in telling its story from each Vantage Point. Dennis Quaid gives an excellent ...

• Vantage Point movie
      performance as a Secret Service Agent who is back on the job after taking a bullet for the President a year earlier. I was not familiar with William Hurt before seeing this movie, but I loved his steely determination as President Ashton. All of the performers in this film played their parts beautifully.

Since watching this film

in the theater, I bought it on DVD and have watched it several times since then.

Vantage Point is rated R and contains much violence and profanity, so it probably isn’t a film for the children to see. However, if you crave an evening of action, but don’t want to get off of the sofa, then this film is for you.

Vantage Point movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112107770191131/k2311a0721/7.21.09