Nutiva Organic Shelled Hemp Seeds
  • I know that hemp is suppose to be one of those things that are suppose to be like a great super food
  • The main thing I thought about using them for, since I was kind of going in blindly without any recipes, was a smoothie
  • I found that the hemp seeds changed the taste of the smoothie
  • I was a bit disappointed that I had to add less than I wanted to keep the smoothie taste like I wanted

• by stuckinarut

I know that hemp is suppose to be one of those things that are suppose to be like a great super food. They are really high in protein, loaded with essential fatty acids and minerals. So, I started buying some and purchased Nutiva Organic Shelled Hemp Seeds.

The hemp used is not the same as the drug pot, there is no THC, so you can’t get high.

The

main thing I thought about using them for, since I was kind of going in blindly without any recipes, was a smoothie. Well there is one smoothie recipe on the package, but I didn’t use it. It calls for Nutiva Hemp Shake mix and I didn’t have that. So, I just tried it in various smoothies I made at home, with things like bananas, berries, rice milk, soy milk and or coconut milk.

I found that the hemp seeds changed the taste of the smoothie. That was a bit disappointing, but what else could I expect. I was adding seeds to my smoothie. I was a bit disappointed that I had to add less than I wanted to keep the smoothie taste like I wanted. The recipe on the package ...

• Nutiva Organic Shelled Hemp Seeds
      calls for 4 tablespoons, but I found that was too much. Though, the Nutiva Hempshake ingredient it calls for might add a flavor that hides the the full hemp seed flavor.

I tried the hemp seed in salads too and I really like to add them as a part of my salads. It adds a nice nutty flavor to the salad and the great benefit of protein,

etc. A little bit in cereal is tasty too. It also recommends trying them lightly toasted. I haven’t tried it that way yet, but I bet it would be good.

You might have to do a little bit of testing to find how you like it best, but the Nutiva Hempseeds are a great way to add some healthy protein, minerals and essential fatty acids to your diet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342107769721131/k2311a0721/7.21.09