Olay Age Defying Daily Renewal Cleanser
1.5
  • I learned how it could dry up the sensitive skin of the face so I stopped and never used soap again

• by ladyli

Since I was a teenager I have stopped using soap on my face. I learned how it could dry up the sensitive skin of the face so I stopped and never used soap again. I only wash my face with plain water then with the help of my cleansing cream I’d complete the cleansing process. I have tried so many cleansing creams on my face but I have only tried very few face cleansers that are used with water. One of them is Olay Age Defying Daily Renewal Cleanser.

When Olay products were reintroduced in the market I was one of those who tried and the first of them was Olay Regenerist Serum. It has always been my policy to stop using other brands on my face and concentrate only on one

brand as much as possible so when I started using Olay Regenerist Serum, I also found it but necessary to complement it with Olay Age Defying Daily Renewal Cleanser. I bought one 200 ml bottle at $5.49.

Olay Age Defying Daily Renewal cleanser according to the product description has beta hydroxy complex and gentle microbeads which make powerful combination of not just cleansing but revealing fresher and radiant skin. So that was kind of very enticing description. I knew I’d use this product first to clean my skin then after toning I’d use the Olay serum. Well the first time I used the product this is my observation. After wetting my face I then massaged enough amounts over my face, neck and even on the back of ...

• my neck. Well the micro-beads were felt as I started massaging my facial skin. I actually felt these micro-beads were helpful in giving my face good massage. After enough massage and feeling my face was already clean I rinsed it off and dried up. Well I felt refreshed after the whole process. However, there is one thing I did not like. The product has some drying effect on my skin. I could feel that after drying up there was tightening feel on my face which showed my skin lost some elasticity. Well I did not like that. I still prefer the cleansing cream which cleanses but leaves my skin still well moisturized. While is true that Olay Age Defying Daily Renewal cleanser could wash away dirt from my face, it
        could also wash off the natural oil so it is not possible that it could successfully renew or lift my skin. As I observed it made my skin dry. I felt quite bothered really by this drying effect because I knew I wasted my money. I could not use this product at all. After the first use, I set aside this product and did not use again. It did not deliver the promise of renewing my skin. Nevertheless, the other product the Olay Regenerating Serum gave me satisfying effect. I kept using it but I was using another brand of face cleanser. I did not dare using up the entire bottle of Olay Age Defying Daily Renewal cleanser. I’d rather just lose some money with that purchase than lose my natural skin moisture all the way.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312107769701131/k2311a0721/7.21.09