Mary Kay Nourishing body lotion  » Cosmetics  »
  • What I like about Mary Kay’s nourishing body lotion is that it comes in different sizes
  • There are no beads in it but it seems to take off dead skin cell buildup, something I learned by accident
  • Even if you have money to burn there’s the issue of finding it

• by Liberty

I’m not a girly girl or one with particularly dry skin so I don’t typically buy body lotion, at least not for myself. One Christmas my boyfriend’s mother gave me a gift bag filled with all sorts of beauty goodies and a couple of things in the bag were body lotions. Not sure if she was trying to send a message or what. One of the body lotions in that bag was Mary Kay’s Nourishing body lotion from their body care line. Actually, it was two small bottles of Mary Kay body lotion, same line but different scents. I got one in Red Tea and Fig and the other scent was Lotus Bamboo.

What I like about Mary Kay’s nourishing body lotion is that it comes in

different sizes. The ones I have were in their 1 oz. travel size, which is nice because I can carry it in my purse and have it with me everywhere. It’s also great if you’re traveling by plane because of the lotion and liquid restrictions. Their Nourishing body lotion also comes in an 8 oz. bottle. I like that it’s very moisturizing going on and smells lovely. The scents I got would never have been my choices for me but I was surprised at how pleasant the scent turned out to be. It goes on smooth and creamy, not watery or oily and I like that it doesn’t make my legs look shiny. The moisture lasts all day as far as I can tell and although the ...

• scent dies down it lingers a little. Another thing I like that I was surprised to find out is that Mary Kay’s nourishing body lotion is exfoliating too. There are no beads in it but it seems to take off dead skin cell buildup, something I learned by accident.

There were a few negative aspects to Mary Kay’s nourishing body lotion too. The first thing is obviously the price. I got my two 1 oz. bottle for free but from what I can tell from their website they’re fairly pricy. The regular body lotion size is 8 oz. and costs $16. I don’t know about other people but $16 is way too much money to spend on body lotion, no matter how good it is. Even if you

have money to burn there’s the issue of finding it. Since it’s by Mary Kay you’ll only be able to order it off of their website or through a Mary Kay representative. There’s only two scent choices and those were the two that I have, Red Tea and Fig and Lotus Bamboo. The scent is nice but I have been told by my boyfriend that it’s very strong when I first apply it.

The product is great and works wonderfully but for the price I can buy a body lotion that works just as well somewhere else for less. I most likely won’t buy this lotion for myself even if they come out with other scents, unless of course they have it for a more affordable price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312107769591031/k2311a0721/7.21.09