Vidal Sassoon curling iron  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I have one in a half inch barrel and the other is a one and half inch barrel, both of which I bought at Walgreens
  • I don’t style or curl my hair often because I prefer to wear it natural but I do curl my hair for special occasions or just for days when I get really bored and have nothing else to do
  • What I like about Vidal Sassoon’s curling iron is that it’s light weight and no doubt affordable
  • I believe I got mine for about $5 each and although I got mine at Walgreens Vidal Sassoon’s curling iron and other hair products can be found at Wal-Mart and Target too
  • Both of my Vidal Sassoon curling irons have worked okay when I had long hair and I’ve noticed that it works better with my friend’s thicker hair

• by Liberty

I have two Vidal Sassoon curling irons and have been using this brand for many years. I have one in a half inch barrel and the other is a one and half inch barrel, both of which I bought at Walgreens. I don’t style or curl my hair often because I prefer to wear it natural but I do curl my hair for special occasions or just for days when I get really bored and have nothing else to do.

What I like about Vidal Sassoon’s curling iron is that it’s light weight and no doubt affordable. I believe I got mine for about $5 each and although I got mine at

Walgreens Vidal Sassoon’s curling iron and other hair products can be found at Wal-Mart and Target too. Aside from the two sizes that I bought they also come in a few other barrel sizes to choose from. The way these curling iron are designed isn’t bad either. I like the light bluish-purple handle and the clear slider switch that tells me whether it’s on or off, and it comes in two temperatures, low heat and high. It also has a little stand at the handle to keep it from touching the surface that it’s being laid on. If you’re sitting on the floor doing this you’ll like this feature because you really ...

• don’t want to burn your carpet. Oddly enough I like the cord too, it’s double corded and easy to untangle. It also wraps around the handle very easily too which is great for storage reasons. It cools down quickly too. Both of my Vidal Sassoon curling irons have worked okay when I had long hair and I’ve noticed that it works better with my friend’s thicker hair.

There are a few things that I don’t like about my Vidal Sassoon curling irons too, and that is that it doesn’t work that well for fine hair. I have very straight, fine hair and it doesn’t hold curls for very long. It does even

worse on clean, freshly washed hair. In fact by the time I’m done curling all of my hair the first section that I started with has straighten out and gone limp. It also takes a while to heat the barrel up and even longer for it to start heating the hair sections.

After I’ve tried other curling irons I’d have to say Vidal Sassoon is one of the worst curling irons out there. It doesn’t work very well curling fine and very straight hair, and it doesn’t hold curls for more than a few minutes. I’ve tried using super strength hair spray before curling and that didn’t help either. It’s just a bad curling iron.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312107769571031/k2311a0721/7.21.09