Sepa Island Travel  » Travel  »
Sepa Island, Jakarta sea, Indonesia
  • This was an interesting offer for me, since I have never dive before in my life

• by milia

At November 2005, my office has an outing activity to Sepa Island, one of the island located in Kepulauan Seribu, north Jakarta. It was around 300 hundred people join this activity, so we were divided into several bus. We went from the office at nine am, to go to Jakarta harbor. There was a strong stinky smell in the harbor, considering the water in this area was very highly polluted. This smell is still can be felt until 500 hundred meters form the harbor. We used boat to cross the sea to reach the island. In 1 boat there were 20 people inside, and we were very cheerful at that time. The event organizer gave us some snack and beverage at the boat. We had some high waved in the middle of our journey in sea, which make a little panic for use. But the boat driver calmed us down, and he said that everything was under control. It took 45 minutes to reach the Island.

When we arrived in

the island, we were politely asked to restaurant near the beach. We were welcomed by Jakarta traditional dance with beautiful ladies in a mask. It was an entertaining show after we have been through a danger journey via the sea. After the showed we were pleased to have lunch. They had baked and fried chicken, baked fish and many vegetables as the main menu. We have to take long queue since many people were there. After we had lunch, we went to our room. The rooms were placed in the bungalows with alang-alang roof. Its building mainly was constructed by wood and bamboo. But we had an air conditioner in the room, so we will not get hot.

After we had some slept, we had some games in the beach. After the games we were asked if we want to dive at the sea. This was an interesting offer for me, since I have never dive before in my life. The instructor taught us how to dive and ...

• what we will do under the water. We rent the diving tools and also the dive cloth. After some doubts in my mind, I finally went down to the sea with complete diving tools. When the first time went under the water surface, I became panic and went up to the surface again. The instructor told me to relax, and breathe regularly. After second try I started to relax and enjoying the dive. I was asked to follow the instructor to see the coral and the fish at the bottom of the sea. There were many colorful fish swim in the bottom, between the sea coral and rocks. I had only 15 minutes time before I went up to the surface again. It was truly my precious experience. After I went up again to the beach, my colleagues have to wait for their turn to dive.

After all participants has dive, we went back to our room to had showers, because the sea water was so salty. After shower

we had dinner at the same restaurant we had lunch. We ate seafood as our main menu at dinner. It was very pleasant dinner, with some quiz games after dinner. There was also some local artist singing some hit songs. We sing along together that night.

In the morning after had breakfast, we were called again to the beach to have some games. I played beach soccer at that time. There was also a beach volley ball game where my colleagues participated. The beach was very beautiful with white and clean sand. We also swim again in the sea after playing football. Some colleagues dive again into the sea. Diving actually is the main tourist attraction in the island. We saw many other divers dived in the sea, at the same we dive. It has very beautiful natural sea shore, with many kind of colorful sea fishes. If diving is your hobby please try to dive in this island, you will be excited to see the beauty of the see.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382007769361131/k2311a0720/7.20.09