Kraft Extra Virgin Olive Oil Pesto Parmesan Dressing
  • I was surprised that Kraft was finally realizing what many health-conscious people have always known, that olive oil is the best ingredient to make salad dressings with
  • I tried it on my salad that night, and was very impressed
  • My salad was delicious, and I was not even a bit disappointed when she forgot to take the bottle home when she left

• by Jessie Bahrey

I have become so bored of store-bought salad dressing that I have been making my own dressings and vinaigrettes for a long time now; sometimes, if I am in a hurry, I quickly mix olive oil, extra virgin of course, and balsamic vinegar together and use that for a dressing. This is fat-free and very healthy, even more so than the low-fat versions of ready-made dressings. Recently, a friend of mine brought a salad over when she came to a barbecue, and with it she brought a product that I had not heard of before- Kraft Extra Virgin Olive

Oil Pesto Parmesan Dressing.

I was surprised that Kraft was finally realizing what many health-conscious people have always known, that olive oil is the best ingredient to make salad dressings with. The bottle also showed that it is very low in fat (2.

5 grams per serving), only 35 calories, and also contains garlic-which of course if always nutritious and tasty.

I tried it on my salad that night, and was very impressed.

The parmesan cheese and basil can be smelled as well as tasted, and the garlic adds a subtle flavour. My salad was delicious, and I was not even ...

• a bit disappointed when she forgot to take the bottle home when she left.

I continued to use this dressing until it was finished, and then I even bought more. As well as being wonderful on a salad, I also began experimenting and using it on other things.

I used it as a base for my pasta salad, and it was great-I did not have to add so many ingredients as I usually did. I simply poured this dressing over pasta and various vegetables, and I didn’t have to add herbs or spices.

It also made the pasta salad

moist and stayed fresh longer. Another use I have found for this dressing is as a marinade for salmon.

I coat the fresh salmon filets with this dressing and squeeze fresh lemon on, and then I grill them on the barbecue. It adds a wonderful flavour without overpowering the taste of the fish.

I have even tried it on barbecued chicken wings and thighs. I am sure that I will find many other uses for Kraft Extra Virgin Olive Oil Pesto Parmesan Dressing, and I am looking forward to trying other flavours of Kraft Extra Virgin Olive Oil dressings in the future.

Joao Manuel Pereira says :

I need to find out in which shops this product is sold in Mississauga, ONT, Canada

Rd says :

Wal-Mart

Jessie replies :

Unfortutately, I live in BC and Alberta, so I am unfamiliar with Ontario. I buy mine out here at Real Canadian Superstore and Safeway. Thanks.

karen evans says :

ARe there any nut products in the Pesto Parmesan dressing?

John says :

No, it has no ingredients that have nuts.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272007769241131/k2311a0720/7.20.09