Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind  » Movies  »
  • Generally when I think Jim Carrey I'd associate him with humor, not so much drama, but he does an outstanding job in his role with his movie
  • I know that a negative for a lot of viewers just may be the way it's presented - as far as not going in chronological order and the story jumps back and forth a lot, but I personally liked this about the film
  • The story of this movie mixed with the powerful acting creates some absolutely amazing scenes

• by Grimmy101

Overview - Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind is one brilliant film yet also a bit difficult to follow at times. I will say that the concept of this film is just great - although it basically is a romance when it comes down to it, it’s unlike any other romantic movie I’ve ever seen or even heard of. The story of the movie really won’t be for everyone and it’s quite out there, the sequence of the movie doesn’t go chronologically and most of the movie is actually just memories of the main character Joel, played by Jim Carrey. Just the general way that the movie

is set up makes it slightly confusing and seems strange to follow but once it all comes together: it works perfectly and also the way the opening of the movie and the close of it are able to connect back with each other works brilliantly.

The Positives - I personally like story lines which are a bit strange and have some twists to them, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind has just that. I personally love the whole concept of basically showing this movie through memories and not going in chronological order to introduce events. Although this is a bit confusing at first, and probably won’t ...

• be too attractive to some viewers, it’s a creative way for the movie to go in. The acting is also very strong, particularly by Carrey and Kate Winslet, who plays Carrey’s girlfriend, and they’re able to portray some truly powerful scenes and some even humorous. Generally when I think Jim Carrey I’d associate him with humor, not so much drama, but he does an outstanding job in his role with his movie.

The Negatives - Personally, I don’t have anything against this movie. I know that a negative for a lot of viewers just may be the way it’s presented - as far as not going in chronological

order and the story jumps back and forth a lot, but I personally liked this about the film. For me there really isn’t anything very bad about this movie but I’m sure for some other people they won’t like the set up.

Conclusion - If you’re willing to watch a somewhat different movie which isn’t presented in a typical fashion, then by all means watch this movie. However, if you aren’t really willing to watch a movie where you have to follow it pretty closely to understand then this movie just isn’t for you. The story of this movie mixed with the powerful acting creates some absolutely amazing scenes. Brilliant film.

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112007768861031/k2311a0720/7.20.09