Saluda River Pet Supply in Seneca, SC  » Pets  »
Sandifer Blvd / Hwy 76 / Hwy 123 in Seneca, SC
  • However, I have had a great experience with a local pet supply store and I simply must share it with you
  • The pets definitely do not come from breeders that are not reputable
  • I definitely recommend Saluda River Pet Supply

• by cbantly

Pets are an important part of any animal-loving family, but they can prove to be very expensive. Up until recently, I typically purchased all of my dog food, collars, and leashes at a grocery store or large discount store such as Walmart. However, I have had a great experience with a local pet supply store and I simply must share it with you!

Saluda River Pet Supply, which has three locations across the upstate of SC, is located on Hwy 123 in Seneca. The store looks fairly small from the outside, but it is very well-organized and laid out inside. The products are separated into appropriate categories and they are very easy to find. Most of the items are actually organized by the animal that they are intended

for. The different sections make it very easy to browse as well, depending on the pet you are shopping for.

If you are unable to find an item, however, there is a friendly professional staff ready to help immediately. The employees are very knowledgable and have quite a bit of expertise to share. There is no charge for training tips, tricks, and ideas for all sorts of different pets. The people are always willing to help load, especially larger items and huge bags of food.

Along with the normal brands of pet supplies, there are a number of smaller local companies that supply Saluda River. I happen to have a wolf with a very specific diet, and I can actually find food there without soy. There are some ...

• great deals on food, and I find that I actually save more at Saluda River than I do at the discount stores. There are also large quantities available of most products.

Saluda River Pet Supply also happens to have some wonderful potential pets. Although the fish don’t really interest me, there are plenty of bunnies, gerbils, snakes, kittens, and puppies. In addition, the company has the ability to find virtually any pet that is available anywhere. The pets definitely do not come from breeders that are not reputable. In fact, some of the animals are available for adoption for nothing more than a small homing fee. The business clearly cares about their animals, and you can tell that they are taken care of very well. Although

the animals are kept in cages while in the store, the employees can often be seen playing with the new arrivals and acclimating them to their environment. It is very rare to see a pet store that actually looks out for the wellbeing of their “products”.

Simply put, this is the place if you are looking for great customer service from a local pet supply store. They truly prove that it’s not all about the discount prices, and it amazes me that they can compete with the large stores. The knowledge and expertise is worth its weight in gold, but luckily you don’t have to pay for it. I definitely recommend Saluda River Pet Supply! I look forward to using them for all of my current and my future needs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292007768801031/k2311a0720/7.20.09