Rival Automatic Steamer/Rice Cooker 4450 GW Slow Cooker  » Housewares  »
  • This appliance is very simple, basic and easy to use, which of course is a feature that I love in any kitchen appliance
  • This handy appliance often makes my kitchen cooking duties seem much easier and bit less like the boring, tedious chore that it is
  • Don't let the name confuse you, many delicious foods can be cooked in this besides rice
  • I have had mine for a long time and I use it often and mine still works as good as it did on the day I bought it

• by betsyraeduke

Cooking is a chore I must do almost every day but it is also a chore that I hate. I will do anything to make this chore go easier and with less work for myself. Therefore any kitchen or appliance or gadget that does this is wonderful in my book. One such handy little kitchen appliance that I have owned for quite some time now is the Rival Automatic Steamer/Rice Cooker 4450 GW Slow Cooker.

This is a fairly good sized appliance. There are four parts to this appliance so if you plan to keep it permanently displayed on your counter top then you better have quite a bit of counter space to begin with. This appliance is very simple, basic and easy to use, which of course is a feature that I love in any kitchen appliance.

This appliance will cook rice, fresh vegetables, seafood, chicken, hot dogs, a variety of egg dishes and a whole host of other things. I

have been know to steam cook my veggies in this baby a time or two as well as fix up a big batch of oatmeal in the morning. Of course I have also used this appliance to cook rice many, many times. No matter what I cook in it, this thing works great and the food comes out tasting fine.

The instructions for using this appliance are very simple. Pour the required amount of water for whatever you are cooking into the water reservoir. Put foods without sauce in the steamer basket; put foods with sauce or rice into the rice bowl (you will be using either the steamer basket or the rice bowl, depending on what kind of food you happen to be cooking in this appliance, not both). Put the steamer basket or rice bowl into the appliance, put the lid on the appliance and then plug the appliance in and wait while your food is cooked. Note, there ...

• is no on and off button, you turn the appliance on by plugging it in. This steam cooker automatically turns itself off once all the water in the water reservoir is used up.

This appliance should only be used in an open space where there is no cupboard above it since the steam that comes out of it could ruin the cupboards. Seasoned water, broth, wine and any other type of liquid should never be poured in the water reservoir. You should only use clean water in the water reservoir. The rice bowl, steamer basket and lid of this appliance are all dishwasher safe. The rest of the unit is cleaned by wiping it with white vinegar after use.

This handy appliance often makes my kitchen cooking duties seem much easier and bit less like the boring, tedious chore that it is. I have owned my Rival Automatic Streamer/Rice Cooker 4450 GW Slow Cooker for quite some time now and I use

it often. Even though I have had this for a long time, it still works great. I do not know what I do without this appliance. It has been a lifesaver for me so many times, to many to count.

In summary, the Rival Automatic Steamer/Rice Cooker 4450 GW Slow Cooker is a wonderful kitchen appliance. Don’t let the name confuse you, many delicious foods can be cooked in this besides rice. This appliance is easy to use and any food cooked in it comes out tasting wonderful. I have had mine for a long time and I use it often and mine still works as good as it did on the day I bought it. This handy appliance is easy to clean also. The instructions for use on this appliance are pretty straight forward and really simple to understand. There is nothing complicated about this appliance at all. I like this appliance a lot. It really makes things easier in the kitchen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532007768621031/k2311a0720/7.20.09