Blockbuster Video  » Movies  »
9697 Macleod Trail SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • There is no issue getting other staff to open another cash register when the store gets busy
  • I like their policy on renting as well-customers have a choice of renting for 2 nights or 7 nights
  • From my experience with years of renting movies, this location of Blockbuster Video stands out in the crowd and is a step above the rest

• by Jessie Bahrey

Although I don’t watch a lot of DVD movies, perhaps 2 a week at the most, I do like to be able to rent the movies I want to see when I want to see them, not weeks later. I generally don’t make it to the movie theatre more than a few times a year, so I am usually looking forward to new releases, and I rely on my local video store

to have enough of them in stock.

I don’t like having all my friends and co-workers talking about a movie that I haven’t seen yet, so each week I check the calendar at the video store to see what is coming out in the upcoming month.

The Blockbuster Video location near my apartment in Calgary, Alberta, is the only video store that consistently has enough copies of new releases in stock for me to rent them usually in the first day or so.

In fact, I have rented two new releases lately that came out that very day.

My local Blockbuster also seems to employ knowledgeable staff who actually seem to enjoy their job, rather than bored students who clearly want to be anywhere other than at work.

They don’t mind looking things up on the computer for customers, or even helping find a ...

• Blockbuster Video
      movie on the shelf.

I have even asked them for the title of a certain movie I had seen advertising for, and they always know it.

The store is clean and well organized, and there are always enough employees working to help lineups move quickly and efficiently.

There is no issue getting other staff to open another cash register when the store gets busy.

I like their policy on renting as well-customers

have a choice of renting for 2 nights or 7 nights; there are no promotions such as paying a dollar extra for an additional night and similar money-grabs like some other video stores.

This location also has a great selection of munchies as well, and the store is well-lit.

From my experience with years of renting movies, this location of Blockbuster Video stands out in the crowd and is a step above the rest.

Blockbuster Video

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111907768010931/k2311a0719/7.19.09