Glidden Evermore Latex Paint  » Housewares  »
0.5
  • It has a very serious problem with drying and after a month it is still very sticky to the touch
  • I also noticed the painted color is slowly growing darker
  • I think it is collecting tiny bits of dirt off the bottom of one's shoes as one walks across it
  • Worst, this lousy paint has now caused the extra cost and labor of trying to remove it off the floor so it can be painted again with some other paint

• by Bookwyrm

This is a truly horrible paint! I have never seen a paint that was this poor in quality before. It has a very serious problem with drying and after a month it is still very sticky to the touch. Simply put, it never dried at all. The paint does not actually come off on your fingers, but it is sticky and tacky when you touch it. The can it comes in claims it dries within a few hours, but

that is clearly not true at all. If it does dry that quickly, then why are my shoes still sticking to the kitchen floor over a month after painting? Each time I take a step in my Mother’s kitchen my shoes make the loud sound of tape being peeled away: the paint is that sticky! I also noticed the painted color is slowly growing darker: I think it is collecting tiny bits of dirt off the bottom of one’s shoes as one walks across it. That further shows it is not dry at all. And one has to walk on it: you cannot stop using the kitchen for a whole month. The lowest the inside temperature has been is 76 degrees, so it is clearly warm enough for it to dry properly - except it never did. I don’t think it will ever dry at all. I mean, if it didn’t dry in a month it will most ...

• Glidden Evermore Latex Paint
      likely never dry. The people at Home Depot are truly horrible for selling my Mother such bad paint!

Worst, this lousy paint has now caused the extra cost and labor of trying to remove it off the floor so it can be painted again with some other paint. That is just unnecessary work and expense. We didn’t expect this at all. Who would? Years before you just went to a store, bought a can of paint, painted and it dried.

One never heard of such a crazy situation at all. I don’t know what Glidden did to mess their paint up, but it must be something very bad indeed.

The paint can was stirred in that machine when they added the color (a light beige) and we stirred it a hundred times by hand before we used it with the paint stick, so it was well stirred. The only conclusion I can come to is that it is bad paint.

quick note by anonymous :

The picture is showing a can of regular latex paint. This is not floor paint And I wonder what type of surface you painted over?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531907767980931/k2311a0719/7.19.09