Paris Cafe Marly  » Restaurants  »
0.5
93, Rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris, France
  • I was supposed to be meeting someone there after my lunch but the service was so horrible that I decided to try and find another place

• by Chris in Paris

Cafe Marly is a small cafe right next to the Louvre and is a common choice for tourists after visiting the Louvre for the first time. The cafe looks really nice and has terrace seating.

I chose to sit on the terrace, even though it was backed full of people (even more so than other Parisian cafe’s).

I smoked 3 cigarettes

before the waiter even nodded in my direction, at which time I waited another 10 minutes or so before he finally came to take my order.

Even then he was unapologetic and curt.

I ordered a Croque Monsieur and a coffee with a carafe of water.

But evidently this was too much to ask for as well.

My sandwich and coffee ...

• arrived without the water, but since he had disappeared again by the time I looked up, I just ignored it.

After sitting in front of my empty plate for 10 minutes in the summer heat I finally stood up and asked for the carafe of water which was begrudgingly brought by Mr.

Cheerful.

I was supposed to be meeting someone there

after my lunch but the service was so horrible that I decided to try and find another place.

It took him forever to bring the bill and then he rolled his eyes and had to go back to get the credit card machine which took another 5 minutes.

All in all, the place was horrible and way over priced.

Avoid at all costs!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71907766920731/k2311a0719/7.19.09