Blackberry Curve 8320  » Phones  »
  • My first, last, and only experience using a BlackBerry Curve 8230 is somewhat mixed
  • My favourite features included being able to use “Windows Live Messenger” and “Facebook”
  • I think I truly saw the value and power of the BlackBerry Curve 8320 after I left my job and was forced to leave it behind
  • I strongly recommend you get a phone case, and I am not talking about the flimsy one that comes with the purchase of the product either

• by Rashida Chinue Blake

My first, last, and only experience using a BlackBerry Curve 8230 is somewhat mixed. Why mixed as opposed to flat out good in particular? Well, admittedly because my experience with the device is associated with a negative working experience I had. I cannot promise you this, but I will try my very best not to make my review become subjective as a result of such a detail.

I don’t know if I should be embarrassed to share this, but before the Curve, I only owned what would be classified by many as cheap, simple, basic phones. They would allow you to perform the basic functions of receiving and sending calls, sending and receiving texts, playing games, and some other minor

applications.

I have to say for the duration I had the BlackBerry Curve, I was truly spoiled by it. You could do literally everything with it. My favourite features included being able to use “Windows Live Messenger” and “Facebook”. I am an Internet fanatic, so I had to make mention of that first. Beyond that I took and saved pictures with it, as well as sent them as email attachments. I also took notes and schedules events using the BlackBerry Curve. It served to make me much more disciplined and organized. I additionally used it to download tracks and use them as ringtones or send them to others. The device pretty much reminds me of my Personal Computer in a ...

• minimized compact handheld device format.

I think I truly saw the value and power of the BlackBerry Curve 8320 after I left my job and was forced to leave it behind. I also was sort of embarrassed when everybody else started to get the Curve as their personal phone and kept asking me for my pin. This review is coming from somebody who is no “techy” either; I have many other friends who perform much more advanced functions with this device. I will probably invite them to leave a review on here.

There are a few things I didn’t like about the device though. Although very attractive, the surface scratches very easily. I strongly recommend you get a phone case,

and I am not talking about the flimsy one that comes with the purchase of the product either. Get a proper one, seriously. Also, the BlackBerry Curve 8320 seems to have some glitches. It may crash and cause you to lose a lot of information you stored in there including phone records, pictures, texts, emails, and notes. You should be able to find somebody who can repair it, but we all know how inconvenient and, in some cases, expensive this can get. Finally, if you receive this phone “as a benefit” that comes with working at a particular company, never forget that it is very likely being used as a tracking device. Aside from that, if you decide to purchase it, enjoy!

Blackberry Curve 8320

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 371807766751031/k2311a0718/7.18.09