ENO Fruit Salt by GlaxoSmithKline  » Medicine  »
  • I enjoyed eating Japanese sushi and sashimi
  • Not too bad for a medicated drink, I thought to myself

• by umengtan
      I enjoyed eating Japanese sushi and sashimi. Over the weekends, I had a little too much of them and as a result suffered from mild indigestion.

There was a lot of wind in my stomach and that made me very uncomfortable.

Occasionally, I would also let out air in the public and it was embarrassing.

My mum came to know

about it and had prepared a drink with ENO fruit salt for me.

At first I was quite skeptical about it.

I was thinking to myself that since I had already so much air in my stomach, wouldn?t the gassy drink makes me more bloated?

Anyway, I went ahead to give it a try.

The orange flavored drink was not ...

• as tasteless as I had imagined and the sizzling bubble in the drink had a cooling effect down my throat.

Not too bad for a medicated drink, I thought to myself.

My taste bud did not feel as blend as before and I no longer have that feeling that I was going to throw up soon.

I let out a

very big burp after I finished and instantly felt more relieved.

Some of the trapped air had finally found their way out of my body and I felt much more comfortable.

After having the ENO fruit salt for a couple of days, I recovered from my indigestion and also saved on my medical expenses to the doctor.

Thanks to ENO, and of course my mum.

Eldon Hope says :

Eno fruit salts has been a standared in our family for many years. We lost track of it for a few years then found it again when I was working in Saudi Arabia. It`s the best ant acid We have ever known . We live near Dallas in Texas and would like to find it again. If I do, I am going to bye a case of it. Is it sold in the US, if if so how can I get the product. Any information that can help me find it would be more than greatly appreciated. Nothing else helps us. Eldon Hopoe

A says :

Try Indian grocery stores - pretty much the only place you can get them in the US.

RS staff says :

You can buy it online on Amazon :

Dan says :

Where can I purchase Eno in Israel Tel Aviv

Galega says :

GlaxoSmithKlein has not withdraw Eno from Israel. You will find it easily from local pharmacy or grocery store. Ask for it. The alternatives are not good (coming with sucrose or paracetamol).

You can also buy it from Amazon. It will cost you $ 1.69, excluding any international shipping charge. The best option is to get it locally.

E Asher says :

Where can I purchase Eno powder in Zurich?

Galega says :

The standard Eno 218 g jar has been withdrawn from European market. And, the sachets are also not available there. You will not be able to find it in local grocery or pharmacy shop.

GSK has recently launched Eno European/US 150g jar. Ask for it, you should find.

As for Eno Fruit Salt, you can still get that from Amazon. Or, look for Indian Grocery Salt around your city, they keep it.

nimra says :

is ENO salt good for those patient who are suffring from high blood pressure? hbp patient drink ENO or not?

Galega says :

You can take it in controlled manner. It may even help to contain high bp problems. Sodium salt (an ingredient of Eno Fruit Salt) is known to lower the blood pressure.

However, I should repeat that take it in controlled manner.

DANIEL KATERYNUIK says :

I JUST BOUGHT A BOTTLE 200 G ENO WELL WHEN ADDED TO WATER THERE IS NO EFFERESCING THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED IN THE PAST FEW YEARS. AT 8.00 A BOTTLE THIS IS A WASTE PLUS THE INCONVIENCE OF NOT GETTENG THE RELIFE I BOUGHT ENO FOR. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN YOUR POOR QUALITY CONTROL. I WILL BUY ONE MORE ENO , BUT IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN I AM GOING TO WRITE MARKET PLACE CANADA TO TELL HHEM OF YOUR PRODUCT THAT DOES NOT MEET CONSUMER DEMAND. MR D KATERYNUIK 35 BODIE BAY WINNIPEG MANITOBA CANADA R2G 3P6 VERY DISAPPOINTED DAN

MR john says :

did you get it at shoppers

antony fernandez says :

hi, my grand mother used to take eno fruit salts almost after every heavy meal and as i grew up i also did the same as i like eno and now its available also in fruit flavours like lime orrange and sweet lime but since of late i take eno after every meal some times it goes up to even 6 or 7 packets in a 24 hr period and i take the eno powder direct into my mouth and then chase it down with water if needed as i dont like the gas when its mixed with water i get instand relief and for me its more now like i cant be with out it and i buy them in the small packets of rs 5 - reading the instructions on one of the packets today i noticed some thing that worried me to ask you this quistion ……on the old packets of eno lemon its says do not take more than 5 doses in 24 hrs but now on the new packet its mentioned do not take mre that 3 doses….. whats correct 3 or 5 and is taking eno direct with out water safe on the human system pls reply

Galega says :

Follow the instructions to remain away from any side effects.

Don’t take more than three doses within 24 hours. And, it must be taken with water. Taking it without water regularly can result in severe heart burn and stomach issues.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2640876651131/k2311a084/8.4.06