BET Awards 2009
2.0
  • Unfortunately Michael Jackson died right before the airing of this program
  • But I will say that there is definitely something wrong with the sound system
  • I was really impressed with the tribute to the Ojays, except for Trey Songz
  • It got annoying after a while, and I thought it was in poor taste

• by Famous

Unfortunately Michael Jackson died right before the airing of this program. I will go ahead and give the people putting this thing together the benefit of the doubt. The woman heading up BET mentioned during the program that it took lots of last minute doing to get things pulled together.

So, would the show have been better had Michael lived? I’m

not sure. But I will say that there is definitely something wrong with the sound system.

I was having trouble hearing certain artists. I was really impressed with the tribute to the Ojays, except for Trey Songz.

I could hard hear him. And when he sang it seemed like he was off key.

Jamie Foxx was cool…for a while.

• But then it seemed as if he kept plugging his show in Vegas.

It got annoying after a while, and I thought it was in poor taste. As for Joe Jackson, I wondered why he seemed to at ease.

(He also seemed very at ease at the Neverland Press conference. ) But then I realized that he’s just trying

to find ways to capitalize off his son’s death.

Talking about new record labels and groups wasn’t the place. Anyway, the BET awards were so low-rent.

When Tiny and Toya opened their mouths, I was really embarrassed. I’m sure they’re nice women.

But I’m ashamed that a black show can’t do better and be more organized. It was a little short of disastrous.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 591807766070931/k2311a0718/7.18.09