On Demand Service  » Business  »
  • I was happy to know that Comcast offers internet service which is pretty reliable
  • I like the idea of being able to select TV shows to watch after they’ve aired
  • But it seems that I spend a lot of time flipping through movies that are either really lame, not interesting, or just plain bad
  • IN any case, On Demand is a feature of Comcast that I have thoroughly enjoyed

• by Famous

I was a bit reluctant to try On Demand service. I had had other cable services in the past. And with the HD Digital switch occurring, I knew I’d need to figure out what to do. I was happy to know that Comcast offers internet service which is pretty reliable.

I will say that the internet service actually is more reliable than the cable. Sometimes on certain channels, the audio will shift by

a few seconds so that the visual doesn’t match. That can be weird.

Other times, the On Demand service goes out completely and I have to try and log in several times. Another annoying thing is when the menu sticks, and then the signal drops. This has happened several times.

Other than that, I don’t really have too many problems. I like the idea of being able to select TV shows ...

• to watch after they’ve aired. I then don’t have to be a slave to the TV.

I can just watch them at my leisure. I wish however, that there were more FREE movie selections. I like that new ones are added.

But it seems that I spend a lot of time flipping through movies that are either really lame, not interesting, or just plain bad. I wish that these movies were

shuffled out a bit more. The Pay per View movies cost too much.

I just can’t see spending about $9. 99 to watch a lame movie at home on television. For this price I would rather actually go to the movie theater and see a new release.

IN any case, On Demand is a feature of Comcast that I have thoroughly enjoyed. Despite some of my complaints, it’s a really neat service to have.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411807766020931/k2311a0718/7.18.09