JAPAN AIRLINES  » Airlines  »
FROM JAPAN TO SAN FRANCISCO, CA
  • By the end of the dinner, the wife noticed that I did not have the sparkle she usually saw in my eyes

• by covenly1
      I travel a lot to foreign countries, and have had the chance to really see a lot of differences in airlines. My normal choice, due to lack of great funding, is coach class. That is what I had reserved for myself, when I was returning from Japan to San Francisco, CA. I called, the day before my departure BACK to my home in Northern CA, to the Japan Airline reservations, to make certain that my flight would be as it had been scheduled.

I was more than a little bit shocked to learn that I had been ‘bumped’, and that I had NO seat to return home. I had been away from home for more than a month, and I was in tears!

While in Asia, I had met a Japenese man and his wife, who had taken me under their wing, really. The man had been the President of a large bank, and that is really respected in Japan! The couple had invited me out to lunch at a wonderful, truly Asian style….

sit on floor, the

whole thing………restaurant, and had sent their ‘man’ to fetch me at my hotel. I tried really hard NOT to show that I was in total distress, regarding my inablity to get home, soon. They had gone to a lot of trouble to take me to a fantasic place for a wonderful luncheon, and I did not wish to disrespect this couple by being a whiner.

By the end of the dinner, the wife noticed that I did not have the sparkle she usually saw in my eyes. She, bluntly, asked me, “What are you not telling us?”…………. I was fighting tears, as I explained what had happened.

Her husband had this all explained to him in Japanese by his wife. Then, her husband ordered the Geisha girl to bring a phone to him. This was done.

The husband spoke to someone in Japanese, and when he was done, he was smiling from ear to ear. He had called the head of the Airlines, his friend, and had set up my seating, so that I could leave when I ...

• was supposed to! I was thrilled! Having small children at home, I was really excited about getting back home to see them! I thanked the couple in English and in Japanese, and they laughed, and we went on to a wonderful day. The next day, I went to the assigned area, and was NOT put in coach class! I was escorted to the very, very first class division for the 18 hour flight! Wow! What a difference! Obviously, my friends had made these arrangements, and I thank them to this day for their kindness.

In first class, on Japan Airlines, you are not served a plastic platter with strange food. You are served your choice of truly Japanese food, or American food. I chose the Japanese food, as I really enjoy it.

The food came on beautiful platters, on beautiful dishes, with real silverware! It was delicious! Only China was used. I was given slippers that are nice, for my feet, a pillow that was really perfect, a wonderful blanket, along with all those things we use

to clean our teeth after eating and hot towels at any time. The bathrooms amounted to one for everyone on the flight I took! That was neat! I didn’t need to wait for my ‘turn’.

I had one person who was, seemingly, totally in charge of making certain that I was a happy flyer. All manner of alcoholic drinks, free, were offered, as well as tea, coffee, cokes, juices, at anytime I wanted them. Let me say, flying first class certainly beats flying coach class! When you are in the air for 18 hours at a time, this is a really special treat! To some people’s horror, when I returned home, I admitted I didn’t drink anything except tea.

LOL If there is any way for you to afford first class on Japan Airlines, do it! You will never forget the attention you will get from the people who will help you in every way. I still remember how I appreciated this surprise, and how much it still means to me. You will enjoy it, as well.

If you CAN afford it, DO it!

JAPAN AIRLINES

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 403107660431/k2311a103/10.3.05