It’s Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown (1984)  » TV  »
  • I grew up in the 80s so I love a lot of stuff from that decade

• by Bookwyrm

Out of all of the Snoopy TV specials, this is my favorite. With the scenes of breakdancing and the energetic songs, it’s the one that says “1980s” the most. I grew up in the 80s so I love a lot of stuff from that decade. And there’s just something incredibly cool about seeing Snoopy dancing in the disco amid the colorful lights and walking like John Travolta from “Grease”. Mainly I love the songs in this cartoon: “Flashbeagle”, “Listen to Lucy”

and “When Pigpen Has a Hoedown”. Of course, my favorite song is “Flashbeagle”! I admit I often rewind the DVD to play it over a few times because I love the song that much. It has a lot of energy to it and it sounds great. It’s also lots of fun to sing along.

This TV special also has a nice message in it, too. It’s about how important getting exercise is. And whether it’s actual exercise or dancing, both are great ...

• ways to get your body moving. Your body is a machine and you need to use it to keep it in shape. One of the songs even mentions “being in shape” and points out how some of the characters like Charlie Brown are not in shape at all.

I also like the humor in this cartoon. There are a lot of funny things in here, like how Lucy sings she’s going to marry Schroeder someday, how Peppermint Paddy’s head gets stuck

in the binder, how Marcy hauls Peppermint’s head to the teacher’s desk so the teacher can see it better and Sally taking Snoopy to school for Show and Tell. It’s also a bit funny how Snoopy gets ready for the evening, using a hair dryer, comb and shaving cream. He acts more like a person than a dog. And when they play “Simon Says”, Snoopy wins! That’s funny, too, as it says that a dog is smarter than all of the kids!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101707765910931/k2311a0717/7.17.09