Jack and the Beanstalk movie  » Movies  »
  • It was even better than I thought it would be
  • My only problem I had with her was keeping her from talking throughout because she was too excited

• by Steve

I had been a while since I’ve watched the Abbott and Costello movie “Jack and the Beanstalk. ” Since I wanted to introduce my daughter to it, I figured I would watch it with her last night.

It was even better than I thought it would be.

Even when compared to movies

today, this film still manages to have some magic.

Sure the special effects aren’t that great and you have to suffer through a bit too much singing.

But, overall, the movie manages to be entertaining and funny.

More importantly, it is clean comedy that is suitable for just about everyone in ...

• the family.

My daughter usually doesn’t watch movies that aren’t animated so I had concerns she wouldn’t sit through this one.

And, she gave me quite a few hints that she wouldn’t.

But, with the exception of the singing parts I mentioned, she didn’t budge from the couch.

My only problem

I had with her was keeping her from talking throughout because she was too excited.

This is a great movie that is sometimes forgotten about.

If you have kids and have read them the Jack and the Beanstalk story, I would suggest taking the time to watch this movie with them.

You won’t regret it.

Jack and the Beanstalk movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111707765740931/k2311a0717/7.17.09