Culinary Edge Big Hole Grater
  • I am definitely not one to do a lot of, from scratch, cooking
  • She is happy that I recommend this particular grater to her and so am I

• by betsyraeduke

As a general rule of thumb, I do not do a whole lot of complex cooking. I generally opt for quick, easy meals that require little to no prep work before cooking. I am definitely not one to do a lot of, from scratch, cooking. Even so, I still find that occasionally I have a need for a grater every once in a great while. I fill this occasional need with a Culinary Edge Big Hole Grater.

This grater consist of a stainless steel grating blade which is held by a sturdy, handle. The handle is covered in non slip runner which is black in color. This is a standard grater with one size of holes. The wholes are not to large nor to small for most tasks. This particular grater can be hang stored if you wish. The price for this grater is very reasonable at about $3.50. This grater is dishwasher safe.

This particular grater is very sharp. I am able to grate most anything with this tool with ease. It makes short work

of cheese when I need to grate some. I have also been able to grate potatoes, carrots, cabbage and lots of other things with grater whenever I feel the need to do so. The medium sized holes on this grater are perfect for the most of amount of basic, all around use. This makes it the perfect grater for me or any one like me who doesn’t do a lot of home made from scratch cooking and only has the occasional, basic grater need.

This grater is comfortable to hold and easy to use. The grating blade is sharp and effective. Also this blade is very durable and sturdy. It does not bend under pressure. The grating blade will not slip on the cutting board during use either. The grating blade on this particular grater is big enough to complete a variey of different grating tasks. The blade is super sharp so grating goes fast and easily.

I used this grater a lot last Thanksgiving and it worked wonderfully. I used it to grate some potatoes.

• I was making home made mashed (just for the holiday) and was running behind schedule and I figured that if I grated them before boiling, they would cook faster then merely dicing them, I also used it to quickly shred up some lettuce for salad. Of course I had to grate some cheese for a number of dishes at that time. All I can say is that this grater came through for me time and time again last Thanksgiving. This is an excellent kitchen tool.

This handy little grater is very easy to store and does not require a lot of space to do so. This particular grater can easily be stored away in your kitchen utensil drawer. If you do not have a utensil drawer or if your utensil drawer is just to stocked to fit even just one more thing, this grater can be easily hung from a hook for storage. That makes this the perfect grater for small kitchens with limited storage space in them.

Recently a friend of mine expressed a

need for a good, basic grater to me. I suggested that she get one and she did. My friend is very content with her choice. She says she finds her grater just as easy to use and as handy as I find mine to be. She is happy that I recommend this particular grater to her and so am I. Anyway, the point here is, this is a really decent grater and I am not the only person who thinks so.

In summary, the Culinary Edge Big Hole grater is a very handy tool to have in the kitchen. The wholes are just the right size to take on many basic grating jobs. The blade on this grater is super sharp and very durable, strong and bend resistant, making grating jobs easy. The handle is non slip and the blade does not slip on the cutting board during use. This is a low priced grater that is of decent quality and will get the job done. This grater is perfect if all you need is a basic grater.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531707765730931/k2311a0717/7.17.09