Vaseline Lip Therapy  » Health  »
  • I would recommend this to anybody in need of a good lip balm

• by macattackk

I seem to always suffer from chapped, dry lips. None of my other lip balms in my collection seem to cut it for that extra amount of moisture, except for this.

Vaseline Lip Therapy is just that. It’s Vaseline that heals your lips. Sounds like a great idea, right? Well, not quite. This is just plain old Vaseline in a portable squeeze tube. Considering that there is only .35 oz inside

it for $2, and that you can just buy a large tub of Vaseline for a few dollars more, this is not worth it. The way they sucker you in is that there is also a ‘cherry flavored’ lip therapy, but I’m not a big fan of cherry lip products.

With that being said, the actual product itself is very nice. Since it is so thick and moisturizing, I apply it ...

• at night, or after exfoliating my lips. I’ve had this for about 5 months now and I still have 75% left inside!

The packaging isn’t very nice quality. The hole in which the product is squeezed out of is on a spherical top, making application clumsy, and often very messy. More times that not I have to dab off excess product from my lips to prevent having that gross slimy feeling.

The top itself is left with remnants of the last application (and the one before that, and the one before that..), so I have to constantly clean it to prevent gunk forming on the cap as well.

I would recommend this to anybody in need of a good lip balm. I just wish there was at least some SPF in it! I will repurchase since this is the only balm that works for me.

Vaseline Lip Therapy
    Penny Harris says :

I have used cherry flavored Vaseline lip therapy for years. It’s the only lip balm that I like. I have been searching for it and it is nowher to be found I’m so unhappy about this. Are there any stores that carry it? I need help

Jennifer Davis says :

Here is the address for a Wal-Mart that I know has it: 400 Shallowford Rd, Gainesville GA 30504. I have bought the cherry vaseline lip therapy at the checkout stands for $ 1.99. If you are close to the area then I definitely suggest going there. However, you can also have a Wal-Mart near you order the product from this Wal-Mart and do a store to store order.
    Hope this helps

Penny Harris says :

Thank you, I will check out Walmart. I’m in New Jersey, so Georgia is a little too far for me. I hope they are able to help

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi Penny, Just wanted to let you know that I was in Rite Aide getting some prescriptions filled and I saw it there too for $ 3.50. It was more expensive than Wal-Mart, but if you aren’t able to find it at Wal-Mart you might could try a Rite Aide near you.

Grecy says :

I wrote to Vaseline customer service before to have a SPF Lip balm but I do not received any response. Anyways, in using this lip balm, I cannot assume the amount I will apply in my lip. Sometimes I squeeze more and sometimes less. I hate the packaging, I hope they come out with the roll on.

On the quality, it is highly effective in giving my lips moisture as it is always putting away the dry skin of my lips that is why it is left there well moisturized. It is good to apply after brushing your teeth and during the night when you are sleeping.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi Grecy, Vaseline Advanced Care Moisturize and Protect Lip Balm contains SPF 15. However, they do not currently have a roll on. If you are looking for a good alternative lip balm that comes as a roll on I suggest Blistex Roll-On Lip Renewal and Protectant. It have a small ball roller and contains SPF 15. It ranges between $ 2.50 and $ 3.50 here in the United States if that is where you are.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341707765660931/k2311a0717/7.17.09