GNC Lean Shake  » Health  »
0.5
  • I tried the chocolate flavor because I love anything chocolate

• by Lynn Moll

I went to GNC looking for a supplement to accompany my current weight loss plan and hopefully speed up my weight loss by helping me feel full.

The clerk at GNC highly recommended the Lean Shake mix, which was available in chocolate, vanilla or strawberry flavors. He explained to me that the shake was similar to slim fast because it was a

meal replacement that should be used in place of breakfast and lunch and then I was to eat a balanced nutritious meal for dinner.

There supposedly is scientific data stating that this product has been proven to be effective for weight loss, supports lean muscle mass, enables you to maintain a healthy metabolism and proven to reduce cholesterol. This is an oat-based shake ...

• that is supposed to make you feel fuller longer so you eat less.

This mix is real simple to use. All you need to do is mix two scoops of the mix (scoop is provided) with eight ounces of water and shake until mixed and enjoy.

I tried the chocolate flavor because I love anything chocolate. However, this mix is not included!

The shake was simple to prepare, but it tasted horrible! It tasted like chocolate powder with a slight medicine taste…YUK!

As if the taste wasn’t bad enough, it did not work for me at all. I was hungry fifteen minutes after consuming the shake.

If you are looking for a meal replacement product, to save yourself money stick with Slim Fast!

Bob Michael says :

Have been taking GNC Lean Shakes for a week. I do one meal replacement a day. I have lost 8 pounds. I run twice a week for 45 min and lift weights twice a week for 1 hour. It works for me. If you do not like the taste try this. 16 oz of skim milk, one scoop of vanilla, one scoop of chocolate, 16 oz of ice and 8 oz of black coffee. It taste GREAT. Hey Its Working for Me. Bob

Lynn Moll replies :

Thanks for the tip Will give it a try

quick note by anonymous :

Didn’t know slim fast came in a powder….. You also said slim shakes tasted bad … Did you try the slim fast mixed aready?

Lynn Moll replies :

I tried both slim fast in powder form and already mixed and think the ones that come already mixed taste much better :)

Kim says :

I used to use Slim Fast powder mix. I used the chocolate or chocolate malt flavor mixes. I loved the taste and it actually filled me up. I lost weight on Slim Fast however I did later start having gal bladder issues. I do not know whether they were related to the Slim Fast or not. I wonder if anyone else has ever had that problem? I would like to start using it again but am a bit scared to do so.
    Kim

darren says :

You do have to be careful of using to much slim fast powder mix. It does contain sugar and if you drink it everyday the high content of sugar can cause gal bladder problems.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341707765080831/k2311a0717/7.17.09