I Know (2008): Jay-Z ft. Pharrell
0.5
  • Pharrell I Know American Gangster Roc-A-Fella Records/Island Def Jam Director
  • Well, I'm sorry but this music video doesn't make me feel high at all, I think I'm going to have me some more Blue Magic instead, thank you

• by Stephen Filippelli

Jay-Z ft. Pharrell “I Know” American Gangster Roc-A-Fella Records/Island Def Jam Director: Philip Andelman

“I Know” is the third and final single and music video from Jay-Z’s “American Gangster” album which is based off of inspiration surrounding the 2007 film of the same name starring Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe. I am sorry to say but this is

a rather poor follow up to “Blue Magic” and “Roc Boys (And The Winner Is…)” simply due to the fact that there is nothing worse than the music artist himself not appearing in his own video or even finding some creative way of replacing himself whatsoever.

Since Jay-Z is nowhere to be seen, what happens in the video then ...

• you wonder? Well, it’s all about this young woman played by Zoe Kravitz (I wonder if she is related to Lenny Kravitz?) who strolls around Manhattan, goes to her apartment, and later goes to a night club. Throughout the music video, she begins to hallucinate lots of colorful images and strange action sequences that aren’t too exciting at
        all. The woman is not all that attractive to begin with.

Supposedly, the metaphor of this song and video revolves around what drugs are capable of doing to one’s mind and the overall feeling of being ‘high’. Well, I’m sorry but this music video doesn’t make me feel high at all, I think I’m going to have me some more “Blue Magic” instead, thank you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141707764820831/k2311a0717/7.17.09