Slap Chop Vegtable Chopper  » Housewares  »
  • I know it's gimmicky, but keeping with my try everything and review it style of living, I bought myself a Slap Chop
  • I found it in an online search for $19.98, the shipping was a little over five dollars and I'm kicking myself for not checking at Walgreens and CVS first because they usually have stuff like this
  • The best part of all is how many things I've used it for
  • I'm gonna live and die by my Slap Chop, I've really enjoyed it even though it is gimmicky and a little pricey

• by KJ hamnik

I know it’s gimmicky, but keeping with my try everything and review it style of living, I bought myself a Slap Chop. I found it in an online search for $19.98, the shipping was a little over five dollars and I’m kicking myself for not checking at Walgreens and CVS first because they usually have stuff like this.

The Slap Chop is amazingly simple and easy to use. It’s very efficient and doesn’t waste anything at all. Normally when I chop up

veggies and stuff I waste some of it because I’m afraid I’ll cut my fingers off, but with the Slap Chop your fingers aren’t anywhere near the blades.

It’s extremely simple to clean up, I just rinse it off with cold water. You wouldn’t want to use this on anything other than veggies and tomatoes though because it would be impossible to actually wash the blades. They are sharper than my sharpest kitchen knife and I have some sharp knives in my house!

• You don’t even have to take it apart to rinse it off, the casing opens up and you just run the thing under water right after you use it.

The best part of all is how many things I’ve used it for. I really hate it when you buy something and it’s only good for one purpose, the Slap Chop works on mushrooms as well as tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, carrots — it doesn’t matter how soft or hard the herb or veggy it works great.

So making salsa is a blast now and chopping veggies for sauces and even stew, though it is a kinda fine chop. It works really well for the veggies in meatloaf and meatballs — it’s so versatile.

I’m gonna live and die by my Slap Chop, I’ve really enjoyed it even though it is gimmicky and a little pricey. The biggest worry is that the blades as far as I can tell can’t be replaced, but the manufacturer says they last forever. We’ll see!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531607764150931/k2311a0716/7.16.09