Luigi’s Pizza and Steak House  » Restaurants  »
537-24th Street, Fort Macleod, Alberta, Canada
  • We were seated right away, and we noticed that the restaurant is very clean despite being old, and all the employees are friendly and efficient
  • Our meals came quickly, and the portions are huge-the burger was juicy and tasty, and the fries are some of the best I have ever had-thick and homemade with spicy flavouring, and not even slightly greasy

• by Jessie Bahrey

I had to stay overnight in the very small, old and run-down town of Fort Macleod, Alberta recently, and we needed to narrow down the available dining establishment to find something that wasn’t fast food and would be edible. There really isn’t much there, but we decided on Luigi’s Pizza and Steak House, because we figured that pizza was something that most restaurants can do well.

As with most of the restaurants and hotels in this town, the

exterior is small and old, but inside, it looks like a typical pizza place.

We were seated right away, and we noticed that the restaurant is very clean despite being old, and all the employees are friendly and efficient.

The menu is not anything out of the ordinary, but nothing is over $15-most of the entrées are $10.

There are 5 kinds of pizza, 3 types of steaks, ribs, burgers and a few appetizers.

We were hungry, and ...

• the burgers for some reason sounded good, so we each had a cheeseburger and fries, nothing fancy, but that was in keeping with the restaurant-nothing fancy but just hearty food.

Our meals came quickly, and the portions are huge-the burger was juicy and tasty, and the fries are some of the best I have ever had-thick and homemade with spicy flavouring, and not even slightly greasy.

I couldn’t even finish my meal, which is unusual for me.

The

restaurant started getting very busy, which seems to indicate that this is one of the best places in town to eat.

Our beer was good, and it has been a very long time since I have had a final bill which came to just $25 for two people for dinner! Luigi’s is nothing fancy, but it has good food, great service and low prices.

If you are staying in or driving through Fort Macleod, Luigi’s is a good place to eat.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71607764120931/k2311a0716/7.16.09