The Haunting in Connecticut Movie
1.5
  • I watched this movie on Discovery (or whatever cable channel The Haunting comes on)—and was ecstatic when I found out a theater version of the documentary was coming out
  • But as I sat down in the theater, I was immediately disappointed with how the story began
  • My major problem with this movie was that too many effects were used, and there wasn’t enough storytelling

• by Famous

I watched this movie on Discovery (or whatever cable channel The Haunting comes on)—and was ecstatic when I found out a theater version of the documentary was coming out. But as I sat down in the theater, I was immediately disappointed with how the story began.

The suspense was ruined because we never really got a chance to

hear about the background the way it was presented in the first “A Haunting” episode (which follows the true story.

) In any case, as the story progressed, I realized that directors had left out several nuances and details that were addressed in the documentary.

For instance, the mother is the one who experienced the misplacement of the dishes.

...

• And the water turning to blood in the mop and pail was something experienced while the mother was trying to clean up the house shortly after moving in.

My major problem with this movie was that too many effects were used, and there wasn’t enough storytelling.

It seems like the directors went way too far in trying to make

the story’s elements scary.

But the subtlety of the suspense is what makes this story really frightening.

And the big theater production completely lost this on the audience.

Instead, facts were changed around in such a grand way, that the story hardly seemed like the one I’d seen on the documentary.

This movie was such a huge disappointment.

The Haunting in Connecticut Movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71607764060931/k2311a0716/7.16.09