Philippe Richard 4 Qt Pressure Cooker  » Housewares  »
  • Storage is never a problem too because it is just a 4 quart pot and is not as huge as your usual pressure cooker
  • Since the day I bought it, I have been making a lot of delicious meals from it
  • Within my few weeks of experience with this pressure cooker, I can say that it is worth recommending to others

• by lipsticknladdles

A couple of months ago, my Presto Pressure Cooker stopped working . It simply won’t accumulate pressure anymore after 2 years of usage. Let me tell you that a pressure cooker is a must in my kitchen. Yet I have to admit that the good pressure cooker costs around $50 or even more so I was reluctant to get myself a new one. One Sunday afternoon, I was window shopping at JC Penny. I saw this Philippe Richard 4 Quart Pressure Cooker. It is much smaller than my old one but nevertheless, it is so cute. I never thought it would be cheap too. It was priced $25 but get this, you get a $10 cash back after the mail-in rebate. So it is really

just $15 (plus a little sale tax of course). Since it is cheap, I did not hesitate. I bought it.

When I got home, I was so excited to finally have a working pressure cooker again. It can be used straight out of the box. It is small, really petite looking and sleek. Still, it will work well for us because I usually cook just for two. It has a lifetime warranty too. I used it in making “Nilagang Baka” (Boiled Beef Soup). It is easy to use. It traps pressure perfectly thus tenderizes meat and poultry fast. It preserves the nutrients and flavors. It is indeed a energy saver because all the electricity you use when cooking is reduced. The Energy-efficient aluminum body of this Philippe ...

• Richard Pressure Cooker made it that effective. You will never be intimidated to use a pressure cooker when you use this piece. It made with safety technology features including stay cool handles, automatic lock mechanism in its lid and triple safety valves. The handles are also ergonomically designed to make handling easy. After I used it several times, I can assure you that if you just let it cool a bit for handling and wash it immediately, then cleaning it up is a flash. Just your usual dishwashing detergent, sponge and running water will do the trick. Storage is never a problem too because it is just a 4 quart pot and is not as huge as your usual pressure cooker. Since the day I
        bought it, I have been making a lot of delicious meals from it. I made steamed veggies, steamed fish, dumplings, soups and more. I am so happy and completely satisfied with my Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker. Its cheap price did not sacrifice its quality. I am hoping this one would last long and endure the normal wear and tear. If it doesn’t, it wouldn’t be so heartbreaking. After all, its just fifteen bucks.

If you don’t have a pressure cooker in your kitchen, give Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker a try. Check it out in your nearest JC Penny and see if you can still avail the rebate. Within my few weeks of experience with this pressure cooker, I can say that it is worth recommending to others.

Jery Koprnemann says :

Do you have Parts available for your 4 Qt. Pressure Cooker. I need Item 1 Which is the Pressure Regulator. The I have Melted somehow. Thanks. Jerry Kornemann

Galega says :

All Parts of Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker are widely available. You may not need to go to the authorized shop of PR for it. Just look at a nearby shop dealing in Pressure cooker and other kitchen items and ask for the pressure regulator of Philippe Richard. You should easily get that. Don’t use a compatible part. Use only original product.

Sylvia says :

re : Storage is never a problem too because it is just a 4 quart pot and is not as huge as your usual pressure cooker
    I love my 4 qt.pot, but I need a new ring. Does Target carry parts? If not where can I get rings?

Galega says :

You have two options. You can get a compatible ring (Manufactured by someone else) from any local store. You can easily find it. The second is to get the original ring from your local store selling kitchen items or from an authorized service center. I would suggest you to get the original one. Philippe Richard is a reputed brand and its spare parts is available everywhere. Just ask for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531607764000931/k2311a0716/7.16.09