Super 8 Indianapolis  » Hotels  »
450 Bixler Road Indianapolis
  • If you have a bit more budget to spare, I would recommend you research and get a nicer space

• by lipsticknladdles

Early this May, we went to Missouri. Our way back to Michigan was so long and dragging. We had to rest and stop. We planned on visiting the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Therefore, we need a place to sleep in the Indianapolis area.

It will just be for night and we wanted a cheap place. Super 8 on 450 Bixler Road seem the perfect choice. It is along I 465, very accessible and near the attraction that we want to visit. It is also just for $46 per night, a very affordable rate if you are on a budget.

We did our booking online. It was fast and easy. A confirmation email was sent to us within a few minutes. When we got there, there are

plenty of parking spaces which is good.

Checking-in is also quick. All we did was just show some identification and the printed copy of their confirmation email. The reception staff is friendly and does his work efficiently. The room per se is clean but it is old thus it doesn’t seem so neat and has some musty smell.

The carpet and the bath tub have few spots that made it appear dirty even if it is clean. The shower head is old and dated. I find it hard to adjust it. The air-conditioning system in our room makes the temperature very comfortable but it is quite noisy and annoying at night time.

. Also, I was surprised to discover a condom wrapper under the ...

• ice bucket, meaning the cleaner may have missed that. On the positive side, the bed sheets and linens are clean There are clean white towels, complimentary shampoo and lotion too. The room has complete facilities one can expect in a hotel room.

Among the room amenities are free wireless Internet access, Cable/satellite TV, Refrigerator, Coffee/tea maker, Microwave, Hair dryer and Iron/ironing board. Local calls are also free. There is also a complimentary hot and cold buffet breakfast. But we left so early the following day so I cannot comment much on what’s being served.

Other facilities include a 24 hour front desk, business center, swimming pool and laundry area/services. In conclusion: All in all, I would say that you get the worth of

the price you pay. In terms of hotel condition and cleanliness, I would give it an average rating. In terms of customer service, I would give it a 4 out of 5 rating.

The great points of this hotel are its price which is comparatively lower than other hotels as well as its good location, making it easily accessible to the airport, to tourist attractions and restaurants. Its weak point is that it is old and dated. Recommendation: If you have a bit more budget to spare, I would recommend you research and get a nicer space. But if you don’t want to spend much and you will just be staying for a short while, well, this particular branch of Super 8 is not that bad, just don’t expect much from it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21607763990931/k2311a0716/7.16.09