Mary Kay Mineral Eye Colour
  • When I do wear eye shadow, I find that it usually lasts only a few hours, so I thought I would give her a sale while trying out a new product
  • I decided to live dangerously and buy two shades I normally would never try
  • And the best part was that it lasted all day-even under my eye
  • I was impressed with mineral eye shadow, and with this brand

• by Jessie Bahrey

I had never tried a mineral based eye colour before, so I didn’t really know if it would be good or not. My friend is selling Mary Kay products, and I went to one of her parties, mostly because she was my friend, not because I wanted the products. But one of the items I saw demonstrated and wanted to know more about was the Mineral Eye Colour. The shades looked very nice, and each one was $7.

50. She told me that the mineral-based formula absorbed oil so the colour lasts longer, looks great on any skin tone, is enriched with vitamins, and that it doesn’t crease or fade. When I do wear

eye shadow, I find that it usually lasts only a few hours, so I thought I would give her a sale while trying out a new product.

I have plenty of neutral-colour eye shadows, like browns, tans, and greys, so I wanted something to spice up my makeup a bit. I decided to live dangerously and buy two shades I normally would never try: Ivy Garden, which is the exact green colour of my eyes, and Blue Metal, which is a grayish blue shade. I had never worn either shade before, and I thought I must be crazy to buy blue eye shadow, which went out in the 70s.

My order arrived a ...

• week later, and at first, I thought I must have temporarily lost my mind to buy these shades. I tried the green one first. I put it all over my lid, and then I used an angle brush to put it under my eye like a liner.

It looked very nice. I loved it-it made the green of my eyes even greener. And the best part was that it lasted all day-even under my eye.

Most of my other eye shadows end up fading and only lasting just in the crease of my eye, so it always looks bad and I end up looking tired. I was impressed with mineral eye shadow, and

with this brand. The next time I went out at night, I decided to be very brave and put on the blue eye shadow, hoping it had enough grey in it to not look garish.

I applied it on the lid and under the eye, and it looked good. It made my eyes look blue. This shade also lasted all night.

I have since used both of these shadows by themselves and with neutral tones, and it always lasts a long time, and looks good. I am now a fan of mineral makeup and of Mary Kay Mineral Eye Colour-it is a long-wearing, high quality product, with many great looking shades at a very reasonable price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311607763880931/k2311a0716/7.16.09