Canon Selphy CP510 Compact Photo Printer  » Electronics  »
  • The Canon Selphy CP510 photo printer is quite good value costing around £60 to buy (ours was about £65) and the cost of each photo to print out is only 22p
  • Connecting my camera was very simple and once set up the photos only took 60 seconds to print out which I was very impressed with

• by hollyoaker75

I’ve always liked to take photos but since having my first child 5 years ago I am like a woman posessed with my camera- every oportunity I was taking photos so much so that I started to get back logged with films waiting to be developed!

My husband bought me a digital camera (Canon Ixus) and not long after this photo printer. Now I am not too knowledgeable on electronic devices (such as this) so was panicking that I wouldn’t be able to print my own photos and would

have to wait for him to do it all the time.

So as I don’t really know what I’m talking about I hope this makes sense!

The Canon Selphy CP510 photo printer is quite good value costing around £60 to buy (ours was about £65) and the cost of each photo to print out is only 22p..sounds good?

Well setting it up is actually easy although the instruction booklet that comes with it is VERY thick!

So what did I find good about it? Well it’s a dye-sublimination printer and it ...

• feeds the photo through several times so you see it layering the colours (first yellow then red..)which is actually quite amazing to watch your photos come to life.

It supports pictbridge as well as having a mini USB connector should you want to print straight from your computer.

Connecting my camera was very simple and once set up the photos only took 60 seconds to print out which I was very impressed with.

The only negatives are there is no screen to preview your photos so apart from what they looked

like on your camera you won’t see them again until it is printed out on the photographic paper. Speaking of the paper you only get 5 pieces with this machine so you just get excited at printing out your own pictures and then you run out!

If you own a Fuji or Sony camera then this isn’t compatible, however I don’t and can say it gets the thumbs up from me.

Easy to set up and good quality prints, plus the low price is a major factor too all making this a good buy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161607763840931/k2311a0716/7.16.09