St Helier Pear Cider
  • It states on the bottle to serve chilled, but I prefer my beverages at room temperature but it's up to the individual how they like their drinks
  • A 500ml bottle, with a screw top lid from my local supermarket set me back £2 which I thought was a bargain

• by hollyoaker75

As this is a drink I was unsure what category to put this in so here it is stuck in the food one.

Pear cider..what’s so exciting about that? Well apparently years ago orchard owners kept a corner of their orchard for growing pears for their cider as they believed the taste was superior to the ‘common’ apple variety..and do you know I think they were on to

something!

I’ve never been a huge fan apple cider, always finding it was too tangy and had too much of a bite for me. Then at a wedding a few months ago a friend ordered a bottle of this at the bar and asked if I wanted to sample it..”Yuk” I instantly replied telling her I didn’t like cider.

No,No,No my friend insisted, thrusting the drink towards me ...

• informing that it was actually pear cider and tasted very sweet.

I reluctantly had a sip..and was won over! It tastes so sweet in comparison with apple cider and doesn’t have that bitter after taste that comes with it’s nemesis’s taste.

There is nothing bad I can say about this drink..except of course it’s 5% alcohol and too much consumed certainly isn’t good for you.

However drunk in

moderation it is a really refreshing drink. It states on the bottle to serve chilled, but I prefer my beverages at room temperature but it’s up to the individual how they like their drinks.

A 500ml bottle, with a screw top lid from my local supermarket set me back £2 which I thought was a bargain.

If you require any more information then check out www.stheliercider.com

I would recommend this for sweet cider drinkers

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271607763820931/k2311a0716/7.16.09