Kalamaki, Zakynthos (Greece)  » Travel  »
  • My partner and I went to Greece for our honeymoon almost 10 years ago now and enjoyed it so much we decided to go to the same place again a few months ago
  • If you are looking for an evening drink either before or after your meal then I would recommend Coconut Joe's Cocktail Bar
  • I loved this island and have been twice now and not been disappointed - it is a lovely, romantic place to go with your partner especially on your honeymoon

• by hollyoaker75

My partner and I went to Greece for our honeymoon almost 10 years ago now and enjoyed it so much we decided to go to the same place again a few months ago.

The island we chose was Zante which is the modern name, or for real greek locals it is known as Zakynthos (which we preferred to call it).

The spot we stayed at is a gorgeous little resort called Kalamaki. It is one of the more quieter resorts on the island but as we were after a relaxing holiday this was the

perfect choice.

Kalamaki has protected beaches meaning that watersports are banned due to the beach being the breeding ground for turtles who lay their eggs there(The turtles are known as Carrata carrata’s). The beaches are the most exquisite soft, golden sand you have ever seen or felt in your life..heaven.

If you are interested in beach activities such as water skiing etc then other beaches further up the island do have this facility, so if you are wanting a sporty action packed beach holiday Kalamaki isn’t for you!

We stayed in a hotel called the ...

• Roseland Hotel which was okay- it was clean and basic and about what we expected. There were so many gorgeous restaurants dotted nearby I am glad we opted for bed and breakfast at the hotel and not full board.

The restaurants -or talking greek- Taverna’s were all wonderful and the one that sticks out the most for us is one called the Mermaid. It served tradional greek dishes along with a few english dishes and though the service was slightly slow sometimes, the meals and hosts more than made up for it.

If you are

looking for an evening drink either before or after your meal then I would recommend Coconut Joe’s Cocktail Bar..MMmm I can almost taste their wonderful Pina Coladas again!

There are several excursions available through your Reps but the only one we booked is the day trip to the neighbouring island of Kefalonia which is worth booking a holiday there alone.

I loved this island and have been twice now and not been disappointed - it is a lovely, romantic place to go with your partner especially on your honeymoon.

Magical! Can I give it 11 out of 10???

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381607763810931/k2311a0716/7.16.09