HP Compaq nc4400  » Laptops  »
  • The best thing I like about this laptop, though, is the HP Mobile Data Protection System
  • I do this a lot at work, sometimes going up and down several floors with the laptop balanced on one outstretched palm, and I haven't noticed any change in performance while it's being moved
  • Bottom line, though, I would definitely consider other laptop models when I make my next purchase

• by mango

I got my HP Compaq nc4400 laptop computer one year and eight months ago. I also own an IBM Thinkpad T42 laptop computer, and I can say that my IBM Thinkpad T42 is more dependable.

The keyboard is appropriately sized for my hands, but the monitor is a little bit dark, and has had to be replaced once. It’s not very suitable for watching movies. The picture is not

very clear, and it cannot handle very high-definition computer-generated animations. The original battery has not held up well at all, and has also had to be replaced. The laptop does not have a built-in CD/DVD drive, which means you have to plug in an external CD/DVD drive that will read and write onto your optical discs. The external CD/DVD drive that it came with cannot perform the lite scribe ...

• function. There are 2 USB ports. As for the built-in sound system, I find the speakers and volume control are far inferior to other systems I have used.

This laptop, however, features a built-in MMC-SD slot that can accept SD cards directly from the camera. Downloading photos is simple and fast. The best thing I like about this laptop, though, is the HP Mobile Data Protection System. Laptop computers

are intended to be portable. I do this a lot at work, sometimes going up and down several floors with the laptop balanced on one outstretched palm, and I haven’t noticed any change in performance while it’s being moved. This is very important for me, and at least for that, I’m very thankful.

Bottom line, though, I would definitely consider other laptop models when I make my next purchase.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 631607763340831/k2311a0716/7.16.09