Imodium capsules  » Medicine  »
  • From the enclosed leaflet, I learned that it has 2 mg of loparamide hydrochloride that acts by acting on the stomach wall, reducing the urge to take a dump and by relaxing the anal sphincter to reduce urgency

• by Gulf boy

Imodium capsules are made under license from Janssen-Cilag and are prescription drugs. So don’t by this off the counter.

However, when I had diarrhea for about 2 days and went to the doctor, I was diagnosed with mild food poisoning and prescribed Imodium along with antibiotics.

From then on, if I have

diarrhea that lasts for more than a day, I take a capsule of Imodium and it becomes all right.

This is the fastest anti-diarrhea product that I have taken by far, and it reduces the volume of stools and hardens them almost immediately.

The dosage is dependent on requirement, and initially it ...

• was two caps a day and later 1 cap when required.

From the enclosed leaflet, I learned that it has 2 mg of loparamide hydrochloride that acts by acting on the stomach wall, reducing the urge to take a dump and by relaxing the anal sphincter to reduce urgency.

I had mild

cramps and flatulence while taking 2 caps a day as side effects, but when I take just one cap, there are no side effects.

The next time you have diarrhea, acute or chronic, ask your doctor bout Imodium.

It is the best.

Not very expensive either, at about $2.

5 for a box of 6 capsules in Oman.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261607763220831/k2311a0716/7.16.09