St. Louis Crowne Plaza Hotel Downtown  » Hotels  »
4th Street, downtown, St. Louis, MO
  • If given the chance, I would stay there again and would recommend others to stay there

• by Pinktherapy

Recently, on vacation to St. Louis, MO for the 4th of July holiday, my family and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Downtown. The hotel did not look, on the outside, as the company’s website suggested. The hotel was much older than expected.

However, parking would be my biggest complaint. The hotel does not have specific parking for its guests only. The parking garage next door to the facility is utilized-The Mansion House Garage. Parking is at a rate of $10 USD a day. On the weekend of the 4th (Independence Day weekend, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday), we were only permitted to leave the garage from noon- 3 pm and had to repay to reenter the garage. This, as we were told, was due to the

high traffic area during the holdiay (as the St. Louis Arch is directly behind the hotel). Everytime during the week (when guests could leave and come back at anytime) we had to get our stamped ticket to the exit clerk, and receive a ticket upon reentry- to get it stamped by the front desk clerk of the hotel. Wooh!

Additionally, the roads surrounding the downtown area were shut down at 3pm until late at night on the 3rd and 4th for the fireworks display. Therefore the surrounding are of the hotel was packed with people walking, and the roof top on both levls were full. The hotel was also booked.

On the positive note, instead of paying the $150-$200 going rate for a room at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, I ...

• booked through Priceline.com and named my own price of $62USD. It was accepted and the stay was much more affordable.

Also, the beds in the room were very nicely arranged and comfortable, with plenty of pillows. The room came with a mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot and coffee, a desk with a desk lamp, office chair, recliner, and A/C. Unusual to me was the that the sink was inside the bathroom, instead of to the outside like many hotels. I am also very hot natured, and was uncomfortable with the temperature in the room at night- even with the A/C on full blast.

The website said that the hotel offered a bell hop, but when we arrived, we were not asked if we needed assistance. In fact, we had

to carry our bags to the 8th floor, because there was not even a luggage cart avaliable.

I loved the artwork of different baseball players in the lobby, and the inside of the hotel was very beautiful. If given the chance, I would stay there again and would recommend others to stay there. It is within walking distance to many resteraunts (which is a plus!) and several area resteraunts (pizza joints) do deliver to your room. The hotel also has two resteraunts and a bar. We did not eat or drink at either, they were a little pricey on the menu.

If you decide to stay at the Crowne Plaza, negogiate a rate with an outside agency, like Hotwire or Priceline (to get a LOT better deal) and ENJOY!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21607763110831/k2311a0716/7.16.09