Givenchy Hot Couture Parfum  » Perfume  »
  • Now I know the name Givenchy and thought it was more fashion based than anything else, but she told me that this was one of their signature scents that cost quite a bit per bottle
  • I ended up being so impressed that I asked her if I could use some from time to time
  • But if used lightly, it is perhaps one of the best smelling perfumes I feel has ever been created
  • But it is really unique in the world of perfume I believe as it isn't heavy or too musky

• by onerios13

I have always had a very strong fondness for perfume and if you were to take a peek at my bathroom counter, you’d find about a dozen or so bottles of all shapes and sizes there to attest to that statement. However, I mostly bought just the store brand kinds, you know, perfumes that were created more of the masses with their flowery scents that are probably more alcohol than anything really resembling essential oils and the like. Basically anything that comes from your regular box store or drug store aisle.

However, when I was visiting family in China, my step-mother had a huge collection of what I’d call expensive perfumes. Stuff that actually longer than a few short hours after several spritzes. One day I walked by her and was just enveloped in this wonderful smell that combined musk with something that smelled faintly of ripe raspberries. Intrigued, I asked her what

she was wearing and she replied “It’s Hot Couture by Givenchy”. Now I know the name Givenchy and thought it was more fashion based than anything else, but she told me that this was one of their signature scents that cost quite a bit per bottle. Yet she had bought it because it was something she felt had great value and not just because it was popular at the time or just because she could. But the moment I smelled it on her, I instantly fell in love with its sweet, delicate, and almost fruity scent. I ended up being so impressed that I asked her if I could use some from time to time.

But she being the sweetheart that she is, decided to give me the bottle instead as a present. I was thrilled and grateful, instantly loving the unique container that had a silhouette of a chic woman embossed against the ...

• back of the glass bottle. But aside from the luscious scent, I just really like how sophisticated I feel when I wear this particular perfume. I really do feel like a million bucks whenever I put some on. It’s playful, yet still very seductive, the scent lingering lovingly like warm velvet on your skin. You don’t need a lot of it and really, if you put too much on, it can really start to get annoying as it’s pretty concentrated. But if used lightly, it is perhaps one of the best smelling perfumes I feel has ever been created.

And again, this is NOT cheap, as you’d expect from such a name as Givenchy. But also it won’t feel like you’ve just bathed yourself in rose alcohol either. Rather I feel that if lightly used instead of wearing it every single day, it will last you years and years. I’ve had my bottle for

almost four years now and it’s not even half gone. Recently, I went to the store to see if they had any for sale, but couldn’t find it, so I don’t even know if it’s still available. But I believe it is because I don’t know how something that smells this good could ever go out of style regardless of the cost.

But it is really unique in the world of perfume I believe as it isn’t heavy or too musky. Instead it smells classy and carefree, something summery in the notes and so different from anything else I’ve ever tried on or smelled. Honestly, you can’t go wrong with this perfume whether you’re wearing it to a ball game or to a governor’s ball. It really fits all sorts of occasions and like I said, it’s perfect for those days where you want to feel and smell more than just a tired old daisy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561607762890731/k2311a0716/7.16.09