Hormel Compleats - Meatloaf  » Food  »
  • My problem has been actually making those cuts
  • It's the worst thing about the product in my opinion
  • What I've learned about the cuts, though, is that they are definitely required

• by Orrymain

Previously, I’ve had the spaghetti version of this product, but this week is the first time I’ve had Hormel Compleats - Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy. A friend of mine actually surprised me with a box full of the product, which I dearly appreciated.

Hormel Compleats is a complete meal in one container, and it’s easily prepared, with one slight complication. The product comes in a white, microwaveable dish with a

heavy plastic covering. The instructions say to make slices in the cover for venting. My problem has been actually making those cuts. The plastic is so hard that it’s very difficult to make these cuts. It’s the worst thing about the product in my opinion.

What I’ve learned about the cuts, though, is that they are definitely required. When I make them fully, as the directions state, my food ...

• comes out wonderful. When I did it sort of halfway and the potatoes didn’t have a really good cut above it, they didn’t quite cook all the way. I had to put them back in for a re-do, and then they turned out great.

I should add here that I was a little surprised to really love this meat loaf product because I don’t particularly like gravy. I usually try to

separate it or just ignore it if it’s in a pouch, but you can’t do that with this product. So, I tried the meat loaf and the potatoes both with the gravy, and I loved it. It came as a big surprise, but also as a wonderful surprise.

I definitely plan to purchase Hormel Compleats - Meatloaf in the future. It’s a great tasting dish and cooks in under two minutes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271607762790731/k2311a0716/7.16.09